WE FINALLY HAVE THE REASON FOR THE BOOK STUDY CHANGE!!!!

by whereami 52 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

Just more GUILT tripping to keep the chipmunks spinning on their wheels, burning themselves out...

For Jehovah giveth a night off, and the WT taketh it back away... ;-)

As for me and my household, we will ENTER INTO HIS REST...

9 There remains therefore a REST for the people of God. 10 For he who has entered His REST has himself also CEASED from his works as God [did] from His. 11 Let us therefore be DILIGENT to ENTER that REST..." - Heb. chapter 4

Sign me,
    RESTING IN HIM...
    (via His Gospel of G-R-A-C-E)
    /ag

• abbagail
    abbagail

Mrs. Fiorini, your comment was a hoot! lol...

[...]
    "We have to meet in homes so we'll be ready for when persecution comes."

"We have to stop meeting in homes to be ready when persecution comes."

"We have to have as many meetings as possible to get ready for Armageddon."

"We have to have one less meeting a week to get ready for Armageddon."
    [...]

Priceless!
    /ag

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I'm sorry, but while reading this tripe, all I can think of is the aftermath. I keep hearing someone say "We never officially said armageddon would be in 1975." It's this kind of quasi-endorsed crap by those who represent the society who put this garbage forth. It's always about plausible deniability after they hype fails. I remember being a young kid in the early 70s and hearing about how the bookstudy was so important that when we were under ban, just missing 1 could get you killed, or at the very least make you loose touch becuase you don't know where the next roving meeting will be.

This stuff is ponderous....f*ckin' PONDEROUS! I tell you.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The first point doesn't make any logical sense. Armageddon is close and we will need to start meeting only in small groups in homes, so..... to prepare for that, we must get rid of our meetings in small groups in homes??? How about getting rid of those sterile meetings in the kingdumb halls and those large conventions?

And the comment about the sheeps and goats shows just how long it takes for a doctrine to change among the R&F (or from whatever group this message came from).

• abbagail
    abbagail

CoonDawg:
    [...]
    ... in the early 70s and hearing about how the bookstudy was so important that when we were under ban, just missing 1 could get you killed, or at the very least make you loose touch becuase you don't know where the next roving meeting will be.
    [...]

That was still the same "urgent message" I always heard when I was "in" from '79 thru '90.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Joy is EVIL people! Time off promotes SIN people! Idle hands are the tools of SATAAAAAAN people! Jehoober is testing you like Satan tested Jesus in the desert giving you FREE TIME to see if you STUDY or WATCH TV or (gasp!!!) spend time with your family doing NON THEOCRATIC ACTIVITIES!!! Like playing MONOPOLY which encourages MATERIALISM and SEEKING AFTER WORLDLY THINGS!!

We cant have you using ALLLLLL that spare time (read 1-1/2 hours) to THINK! or go ONLINE TO CHATROOMS!!

Obeeeeeeyyyyyyy obeeeeeyyyyy obeeeeeeyyyyyy

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm beginning to think that the wt is actually the homebase of the Daleks

alt

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hahaha, 3 and 4 are funny.

• Quandry
    Quandry

They said to take that extra night and build up your knowledge and strengthen your faith. The time will soon come when we might not have the publications to study and the only things we will be able to recall and draw comfort from are the things that we have studied. We cannot recall what we do not know!

So to build up your knowledge, we will not meet on this night to study the WTS publications as we previously did.

Yes, yes, I understand how this will benefit me as a faithful dub. Less is more. War is peace. Shades of the book 1984 thoughtspeak.

• Mary

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit