WE FINALLY HAVE THE REASON FOR THE BOOK STUDY CHANGE!!!!

by whereami 52 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

I'm just thinking that, 10 years ago, if I'd received this steaming pile of horse manure in my mailbox I'd have spent hours trying to understand what it was the Jehovah was trying to tell me...

• asilentone
    asilentone

I would like for any of you to provide a pic of what the author might look like.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    The time will soon come when we might not have the publications to study and the only things we will be able to recall and draw comfort from are the things that we have studied.

As if we cannot draw comfort from actual experiences. We could have drawn real comfort had God showed Himself to be the loving, gracious God He claimed to be, since real life experience counts for more than just seeing it in a damn washtowel or a waste of paper.

I wonder if those dodos realize that this is similar to trying to teach science without ever having a single lab demonstration or experiment. It can be done, but the students are going to all forget just about everything they learned, and it will take much longer to teach anyone (not to mention it will be so much more boring than it actually is) without demonstrations. If God really were caring, He would provide actual good experiences in life.

Meaning: If I want the opposite sex in my life, and God wants me to be celibate, He would have to yield to my wants (after all, it was Him that created me with those needs and wants) in the name of graciousness in lieu of having me place wastes of paper proclaiming His graciousness and studying washtowel after washtowel proclaiming the same. That type of experiences mean so much more than endless study of washtowels and asleeps, or other littera-trash that simply rants on about God's attributes.

• sir82
    sir82

At the risk of being repetitive...

The society is getting us prepared for when the whole world goes under ban and the kingdom halls are shut down. When that happens, we will already know how to conduct our meetings in a condensed format. We will need to meet in smaller groups at brother's homes.

So, we prepare for the time when we can't meet at the Kingdom Hall...by holding meetings only at the Kingdom Hall?

"Condensed format"? WTF???

How is covering 8 paragraphs in 25 minutes, instead of 18 paragraphs in 60 minutes, a "condensed format"?

Can anyone say "grasping at straws"?

• patio34
    patio34

Please reiterate for me: is this saying there will be no more book studies? Is there another thread on this.

• sir82
    sir82
    Please reiterate for me: is this saying there will be no more book studies? Is there another thread on this.

There are a bazillion threads on this all over, but just to recap:

-- Congregation book study is being renamed to congregation Bible study

-- It will not be held in private homes with small groups any more

-- It will be held on the same night as the school & service meeting

-- The book Bible study will be shortened from 1 hour to 25 minutes, and the school & service meeting are shortened also. Total time is 1:45

-- Meetings for Saturday field service will still be held in smaller groups at private homes

• jambon1
    jambon1

Jesus Christ! The end bit of that was awful. Whatever you do, don't feel good to have more time 'to yourself'! Utter, hatred & filth!

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks, Sir82!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    The time will soon come when we might not have the publications to study and the only things we will be able to recall and draw comfort from are the things that we have studied. We cannot recall what we do not know!

I think someone has watched the movie "Fahrenheit 451" once too often

• StAnn
    StAnn
    I would like for any of you to provide a pic of what the author might look like.

Okay, I'm going to try, don't know if it will work. STRANGE REDNECKS - HILLBILLY OVERALLS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit