INTRIGUE, SPYING, DO & CO INSIDE INFO @ THE SPANISH EXJW FORUM

by iloowy 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Mary, no, I think that's a reference to posters on the Spanish forum. -Probably Maria in the original!

I just re-read my post on the ex-CO, and it's interesting how much of that is happening. I think more would have happened, but over the last 8 years here in the US we've had some scary times: 9/11; Bush getting us into never-ending wars in at least two countries; a terrible energy situation here; horrible economic times; etc.

My ex-wife, still a JW, refers to all of these things as imminent signs of The End - and that may be why some doubting or troubled JWs have stayed in. But many. many others have left during those years - including Iloowy.

S4

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

While the post by Seeker is believable, the prior one is not, even with the translation. Again, the first post seems like a juvenile apostate's wet-dream, with deliberately sensational details.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    I just re-read my post on the ex-CO, and it's interesting how much of that is happening. I think more would have happened, but over the last 8 years here in the US we've had some scary times: 9/11; Bush getting us into never-ending wars in at least two countries; a terrible energy situation here; horrible economic times; etc.

I totally agree.

After the 1995 generation change, furtive discussion was everywhere all the time. Honest, heartfelt observations of what the flock needed, what the org was lacking, where we needed to focus. Then BOOM! 9/11. Nobody knew what was going to happen and it sent most scurrying back to mother. End of those discussions. They thought the end was nigh and wanted to be with their family and friends.

I think the heavyhandedess of the WBTS still gets under the skin of the thinkers, and it is just a matter of time.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

So much of Seeker's friend's comments are right on the money of what's wrong with the borg. It also shows how men with positions in the organization are first disgruntled with inept, inadequate, insane, or evil policies, and not doctrinal matters, although those are usually soon to follow.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

If this discontentment comes out into the open....do you think Watchtower has a replacement plan in mind?

How could those higher up not know of the discontentment and murmurs? Especially since it has become more vocal over the past few years?

Could the DO's and CO's be playing into thier (WT) hand?

Does the WT have another game plan up their sleeve for re-grouping and replacement?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

cameo: Well, perhaps this is one reason why they're going to eliminate the DO/CO arrangement. As I had mentioned in another thread, disgruntled DOs and COs represent an enormous threat to the Society if they're getting ideas of breaking away or casuing waves. of course, I can't help but think they'd just be shooting themselves in the foot (or digging their own grave, more likely) by dismissing hundreds of highly visible and knowledgeable servants and then "reassigning" them to congregations all throughout the organization.

• Observer17
    Observer17

Weren't "Maximus" and "Dino" former/current District Overseers and frequent posters here on JWD?

Who here today on JWD were familiar with the background and higher status of these two (2) JW posters?

In the meantime, please check out this intriguing conversation between the two "heavies" here on JWD.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/10695/1.ashx

...think they were communicating on a "higher plain"?

What do you think?

...Just wondering.

Observer

• james_woods
    james_woods
    cameo: Well, perhaps this is one reason why they're going to eliminate the DO/CO arrangement. As I had mentioned in another thread, disgruntled DOs and COs represent an enormous threat to the Society if they're getting ideas of breaking away or casuing waves.

While I am completely skeptical of the post (the spanish translated one in the O.P.) - just from the context and some of the language - Daniel is making an excellent point. If (a big if, IMHO) this business of doing away with the CO/DO does carry any water, then they may well have created a virtual army of powerful potential critics. Most of these guys ended up thinking that they had finally reached to absolute near-nirvana of Witnessdom. And, there was still room to go higher! Branch overseer? GB itself? It is sure going to be a bummer of a come-down to enter regular pioneering, making your own living, and probably not be looked up to any longer like a god. Remember, these people know exactly where all the skeletons are buried. And just imagine what it is going to be like for their wives!!!

• Observer17
    Observer17

I found this quote from "Maximus," taken from this link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/6496/76321/post.ashx#76321

...There are some extremely disgruntled exCO-DOs out there (and more than a few active ones) who will tell intimates how they feel but who must play the game for the locals.

Maximus

Could this mean something, relative to our discussion?

Observer

• memario
    memario
    Mary, no, I think that's a reference to posters on the Spanish forum. -Probably Maria in the original!

It's a reference to Mary and David Fuentes, the administrators of EXTJ Foro. Good people. That some here don't believe that there are disgruntled CO's and DO's ready to leave the organization is difficult to understand. A member of the GB left. Why can't they? Those doubting that some of these men might swear to express their frustration have never associated closely with Bethelites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit