INTRIGUE, SPYING, DO & CO INSIDE INFO @ THE SPANISH EXJW FORUM

by iloowy 59 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Seeker4 has a good reputation here..That`s as good as gold for me..I guess this "is" real..Wow!..LOL!!...............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Thanks, Outlaw. Always look for your laughing dog.

I also agree with the list of indications of dissatisfaction that Metraton listed on Page 2 of this thread.

I've had some pretty convincing verifications in PMs from people that I trust that there is going to be some changes in the CO arrangement - not so sure about the DOs. There has been a lot of speculation on the boards about this, but I'm not sure just what the changes will be exactly.

That having been said - if a lot of the COs and DOs are taken off the road and moved to congregations to serve as Pioneers or Special Pioneers, there are going to be a lot of upset people. IF the post Iloowy translated is factual - and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was - then this downsizing or ending the CO arrangement is a dangerous move for the WTS.

I've had friends who were at Bethel helping with the construction at Patterson. They had been their five years, and the Society met with all the long time workers like that and asked them as a group to consider making Bethel their lifelong career. Then, after they decided that's what they'd do, just a few months later, the building work was winding down and hundreds of the workers were sent home, including this couple! To say it was a bit disheartening and a shock is minimizing the effect.

This will be a huge shock for these often ambitious men and women, and when a couple like this comes into a congregation expecting the congregation to help take care of them - well that is not a little disturbing to a lot of the friends. Some of these couples have given up any semblance of a normal life expecting the WTS would take care of them into infinity. This will be a huge let down.

As the ex-CO in my post quoted above noted, the WTS seems to be struggling with finding a sense of direction. Decisions like this in such a volatile time for the organization show that even eight years after that discussion, the WTS is floundering worse than ever,.

S4

• james_woods
    james_woods
    the Society met with all the long time workers like that and asked them as a group to consider making Bethel their lifelong career. Then, after they decided that's what they'd do, just a few months later, the building work was winding down and hundreds of the workers were sent home

Well, that right there shows the rudder-less lack of direction from the Society as clearly as you could possibly make it. You can only take two conclusions from this -

one - they simply did not know what they were doing next when they asked them to stay for a lifetime... or, (and I would not doubt it...)

two - it was simply a cynical ploy to get the construction people to stay for those last few months of the final winding down, instead of drifting away before all the work was done.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

James,

Yes, and that was back in the 1990s. I know the sister in particular was very disappointed in how she was treated. But, they're still JWs!

Downsizing Bethel - that we know for a fact.

Now downsizing COs and DOs - very likely.

Gotta be a lot of very unhappy people trying to make the best of these situations, unhappy people from the upper echelons of the WTS who have had the opportunity to know what the organization is REALLY like from an insider's view.

Could be very good news for those of us who are out. And now we have so many more good boards that people can find!

S4

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I distinctly recall a private conversation with a CO who was highly critical of some WTS policies and the general communications between himself & the US branch. I was just becoming "awake" and I was stunned that he was saying such negative things. I didn't have much of a reaction to him because I think he realized from some of my comments that I wasn't a complete believer any longer and quite frankly I was afraid it was a trap. But, at the end of the day, while he & other COs that I've had private conversations with may not be happy with some things, I find it difficult to believe that many would actually leave. Just look at the long time Bethelites that were given the boot. How many have shown up here? How many have faded or DA'ed? At the end of the day, they have some of the same issues leaving that the r&f do, family ties, "friends", etc on top of losing their job. Even if they reduce or eliminate the CO position (which I think is a real possibility due to cost savings/legal issues), these displaced COs are going to be leaning heavily on local congos to provide employment & living arrangements. I have my doubts that these guys would be leading any sort of mass exodus, at least at first. Interesting thread

• Observer17
    Observer17

I'm going to post this link again...exhibit A, we'll call it.

Here is a blast from the past. Check out this intriguing conversation between (I'm told) two ex- District Overseer "heavies" here on JWD.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/10695/1.ashx

...think they were communicating on a "higher plain"? ...think they are organized behind-the-scenes, AGAINST THE WTBTS?

...Just wondering.

Observer

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Thanks illowy and S4...this kind of insider info is awesome! Helps me sleep better at night.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Maximus was a former CO or DO (the latter I think) with LOTS of Bethel connections. Several years ago I had an hours-long telephone conversation with him. Very interesting, very bright guy.

Not sure who Dino is. Seems he posts here occasionally, even just a few months ago.

I've also heard many a CO and DO express some issues with the WTS - privately.

S4

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Seeker4..I`m told Maximus was a D/O..I`ve seen pics of him with Knorr..... I think he may have served as bodyguard for Knorr at one time.....Somebody on the forum will know for sure............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• still_in74
    still_in74
    I have my doubts that these guys would be leading any sort of mass exodus, at least at first.

agreed.

It likely wont be the CO's causing any problems but the R&F response to it. However, like in the past most wont even see this as a big deal.

Now instead of a traveling CO they will have a City Overseer or something of that nature selected from one of the cong's in the city ( hehe - still a CO !) and then these will all meet at a special assembly day just for them where a bethel member(s) will instruct them on what to say/do/look for on their next round over the cong's. Seems easy enough doesnt it? So simple that if this isnt the case maybe a bethel lurker would make the suggestion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit