To SO CAL: What CO's and DO's do we all know?

by IreallydidwalkoutofaKH 93 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Knew Bill Baxter - no great memories; Elmer Woodley - okay; Newell was in the Greeley area for a while if I recall -

• PEC
    PEC

None.

Philip

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Hard to remember their names. Kovalak I remember well because he had the no sport coat and no colored shirt policy. He would also milk expensive lunches out of people.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Was he really short and bald?

We had Erskine as an overseer in Florida in the 80's. As told to me by his wife, he had been a restaurant owner in Hollywood, California. He was interested in one of his waitresses who was a witness. Study started, they married, he became a witness, then later CO, etc.

She told me this as she and I were out in service one day of his visit. As she was talking, she unwrapped a piece of hard candy, rolled down the window a little bit, and threw the wrapper out the window. I was really irritated at this-we are going to have a clean earth in the future but for now we litter?

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Well, my ignorance of these folks tells mne they don't move these overseers between coasts. Save of course for the ones Worf mentioned JC Howard and Dison. Howard always sounded tired. If he was df'd, Wow, he was so into "the truth". Now here are some we had here on the Eastern seaboard:

Frank O'Bard, John Manning, Darrell Marlowe, Hollis Milligan, James Cauthon, Robert Milofski, Willis Bentley, Angelo Catanzarro, Leora Brown, Frank Bartel to name a few.

Isaac

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well Kovolak did not eat cheap. I remember after the sunday talk he wanted to have lunch. The PO invited him. Well Kovolak picked this ridiciously expensive restaraunt. Well with that no one wanted to go The PO asked us because we were one of the few people back then doin well financially.

Well there we were. Kovolak ordering food like it was free, (oh wait, it was), and us just sitting there staring at him. At the end he complained about the food and service.

• Farkel
    Farkel

quandry,

:Was he really short and bald?

:We had Erskine as an overseer in Florida in the 80's. As told to me by his wife, he had been a restaurant owner in Hollywood, California. He was interested in one of his waitresses who was a witness. Study started, they married, he became a witness, then later CO, etc.

My Erskine was a different guy. He told us he went from High School straight into work as a pioneer worker and construction laborer, then went to Bethel. He bragged about being a laborer! I understand that most of his career as a CO and hatchet man for Ted Jaracz was spent in Southern California.

Farkel

• loosie
    loosie

I remember Bro Peace and Bro Avey. My mom always had the Co over for dinner. She always made this cream pea soup over pastry dish that I hated. But mom thought it was goumet food. She thought the co deserved gourmet food. I was always hungry on those nights.

• Surfrusty
    Surfrusty

Howard was not df'd. I know a guy who is in the same congregation as him in Perris, CA. He is still an elder I guess.

Surf

• Dunk
    Dunk

Everyone from So. Cal has got to remember Earl McGee! He pushed pioneering for everyone like no other!

Growing up in LA I remember Br. Peace and Br. Good early on.

Worst CO's ever: Manning, Ford,

Best CO: Ray Harriman. He's got to be an ex-jw by now. He way too bright.

Hester was the last CO I had.

JC Howard was my DO for a time in Palm Springs, CA. I thought he was pretty bad until his replacement arrived - Emshoff. What a nut.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit