To SO CAL: What CO's and DO's do we all know?

by IreallydidwalkoutofaKH 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I cannot beleive it took to the bottom of page 4 to name Don Emshoff. Boy did he ever get a raw deal, one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Served full time since he was a very young teen-ager, never married, became CO and then DO and then some sister accused him of leading her on. The society felt he had served his usefullness to them. Dismissed him at the age of 70 (about five years ago). He is now in CA bagging groceries and driving a minivan to shuttle people to the airport. Disgraced to a publisher (not even a MS) , no children, no social security, insurance etc.

Does anyone know where Ray Harriman is??????

• Dunk
    Dunk

Magwitch,

It just goes to show that everyone has a good side. Emshoff was one of the most unkind JW reps I ever encountered. I saw him humiliate brothers and sisters all the time. He was so insulting, impatient, really un-Christlike.

It's still a shame that he is having a rough time now.

S

• Surfrusty
    Surfrusty

Dunk, Ray is a still a JW in San Diego.

• jam
    jam

carl Dyson and I go way back.. We serve in Belize togather. He was a CO in that country before he was appointee in NY.

He gave the talk at my sister funeral a few years back..Carl is one of the most intelligent person I have ever met. He would have been

a great politician..He was a super elder in the 70,s and 80,s..All the local elders were Dyson want to be..He also gave some

parties, in 70,s a lot of drinking, the good times..He is not in the circuit work, and is serving in the Pasdena area..

• jam
    jam

There was a couple name G. Rainee that lived in the Pasdena ca area around the 70,s..He was white

she was black, not sure if I am spelling the name correct, but they move to Africa.He became a CO and DO

and branch overseer. Gary had a photogenic mind, very nice couple..Are they still around?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Dunk, Hester was df'd about 4 years ago. In my opinion he was an ass. He killed the sat bookstudy because he personally didn't like it. Apparently he had a girlfriend on the side and got caught.

Manning was another idiot.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I remember Bro.Peace...most memorable CO, Floyd Kite

• blondie
    blondie

Did anyone have Bob Wuilleumier as a CO or DO?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Does anyone remember a CO from the 60's-70's who was short, Italian and single? He served the LA area. He was hilarious...hiding people's doormats and leaving handbills in every imaginable place. He was one of the few "fun" CO's I ever worked in FS with. I think he finally got married and left the CO work. I wish I could remember his name...

• Steve_C
    Steve_C
    Does anyone remember a CO from the 60's-70's who was short, Italian and single? He served the LA area. He was hilarious...hiding people's doormats and leaving handbills in every imaginable place. He was one of the few "fun" CO's I ever worked in FS with. I think he finally got married and left the CO work. I wish I could remember his name...

Oh wow, I was a kid/pre-teen in So Cal (Redondo Beach, Torrance) during that time, and distinctly remember a CO the way you describe. Sorry, I'm racking by brain but can't come up with a name. Too bad my older, still-in sister won't talk with me, as I bet she remembers his name.

The only names mentioned in this thread that ring a bell (sort of) with me are Peace, Kite, Kormendi, and Sunudko.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit