To SO CAL: What CO's and DO's do we all know?

by IreallydidwalkoutofaKH 93 Replies latest jw friends

• 21stcenturywoman
    21stcenturywoman

I remember Earl McGee very well. He was our Circuit Overseer in the mid 80s. I recall Brother McGee being nice, but looking back he was so overbearing. He forced pioneering on everyone, even children. He created the title of "Unofficial Pioneer", meaning that unbaptized publishers could pioneer. Brother McGee also promoted child baptism in the circuit. He's the main reason why I was baptized at a very young age, and was a full-time Pioneer at 10 years old (SMH). As a child I was fond of him and his wife (and they liked me a lot too), but I was relieved when they left. I was able to actually be a child again...well somewhat.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Brother Davis 1996-99

Was this Mark Davis?

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Can anyone share stories about DO Steve Misterfield and CO Paul Koehler, recently of the San Mateo, California area? They are two of the defendants in the Menlo Park Kingdom Hall federal court lawsuit.

Koehler was recently reassigned to the Napa Circuit. In the past couple of days I posted an article about this case on Ex-JW.com. In the article, I share information relayed to me about Koehler's claims to have been a "Navy SEAL."

I've heard from several JWs and former JWs in the northern Cal area that Koehler consistently tries to intimidate and bully anyone he takes a dislike to. He definitely plays favorites, having little time to mingle with regular publishers. One of my contacts told me that whenever Koehler was due to visit a congregation the elders would quickly spruce up the Hall, hide anything that might seem out of place, and let all the members know that they were to dress in their best duds. Here is what he shared with me:

"You could see the fear among all of the brothers and sisters - but especially the elders when Koehler showed up. I know that the other halls experienced the same thing. Many knew about the Menlo Park takeover and were scared to death that he would come into their hall and toss every elder out on their ears. So we had to make extra nice and try to avoid any confrontation with him at all.

"What you hear when Koehler is in the hall is: Yes, Brother Koehler! Right away, Brother Koehler. We'll take care of that tonight, Brother Koehler."

That's where the elders in the Menlo Park Kingdom Hall differed. They said, "Wait a minute! Let's think about this? Is that really fair to our sister? Should we really spend money on refurbishing this Kingdom Hall? The RBC report shows that we are in excellent shape." Next thing you know, they're all out as elders - replaced by Koehler's cousin and a group of "we'll do whatever you say, sir!" types.

Anyway read the article and the PDF of the Veterans' Records report (bottom of article) on Mr. Koehler at:

http://ex-jw.com/menlo-park-the-truth-vs-the-truth

In the meantime, I'd love to hear from anyone who knows Mr. Koehler and Mr. Misterfield that does not attend the Menlo Park KH. It's OK if you have some nice things to say about either one or both - it would be nice to hear something positive about these guys. You can PM me here or comment at the end of the article at Ex-JW.com

JV

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

Steve Misterfeld -
    My one memory of his is not good. When I was a teenager, he was serving as C.O. of my friends circuit...across town. I went with my friend to visit the last day of his C.A.
    During one of the song intermissions, my friend and I were standing, holding our songbooks and messing around during the song...whispering to each other about this and that...but not singing at all. Suddenly I felt a tap on my back and so did my friend: we had forgotten that we were sitting in front of this guy and his wife. We both turned to find him staring at us. He mouthed the word 'SING'.
    And we sung.
    After the song was over and intermission started, we waited for the other shoe to drop...surely, he was going to tell my friends parents on us. But, he didn't. Which saved us a bunch of hassle.

SO i guess he has a bit of sympathy coming to him after all. ;)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Harold Weidner - Liked to have the young sisters give him foot massages. Terrible comb-over.

Nick Kovalak - Took "living in the past" to new lows. "Did you bring your toothbrush in service this Sunday?" Had absolutely zero ability to relate to people that had to work for a living. Obvious contempt for people that spawned human children.

Harley Brenneman - Nice enough guy. Might even have known TTATT. Hard to read.

Allen Wollen - One of the few CO's I knew that had actually ever had a real job, ... and children! Almost human as a result. Still, a company man to the bitter end.

Martin Harfmann - Loved to tell stories about the "good ol' days" before he was a JW. I wonder why? Favorite expression during Saturday morning service, "Doesn't a cup of coffee sound good about now?" "Now where was I? Oh yeah, that reminds me of the time ..."

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I remember Goff, too. Some of the other names sound familiar, but it was so many years ago it's hard to remember them at all.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Steve Misterfeld:

I remember this nitwit from his time as a CO. I that he was a pompous ass!

Martin Harfman:

I remember asking ol' Barfman a question about a scriptural belief. I told him I had looked in the index (before the CD) and hadn't found any info, and wasn't sure exactly what to look for. He said how sad it was that I professed to be a jw and didn;t know where to look for answers. I was just as bad as a worldly person with nowhere to turn.

Thanks for the effing help a-hole!

It's jack-asses like these two that turn more people away from jw's than help anyone. I hope to see them "thrown into the sea with a millstone around there necks!

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

Jim Crosley- Great Guy

Clayton Peace-Jerk

Don Wallace- very funny and practical

David Brooks- Okay

Thomas Rucker- Loved by all

Scott Watts-

Lou Puerini- Kind and Gentle

John Graeff- Tall brother, great teacher

Jerry Lucket- Loved by all, never in a hurry

Kenneth Williams- Nice, but liked hanging out with those who had influence

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Andy Laguna - Nice enough fellow, basically harmless. His biggest deficits were that he had never had a job, never been married--probably never even had a girlfriend--and naturally never had kids. So of course he thought he was qualified to tell us regular folks how we should live our lives!

In retrospect I wonder why I ever listened to any of these jokers.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

James Jackson: you have a PM.

-Valk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit