To SO CAL: What CO's and DO's do we all know?

by IreallydidwalkoutofaKH 93 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

A brief Howard incident:

Maybe this was REALLY a manifestation of God's holy spirit trying to teach the congregation to forgive, and to put the sin behind you. What is done and forgiven by God is just that...................done and forgiven.

Warlock

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Thanks, Minimus and Willy!

startingover:

I told Barbara Anderson about this, and she told me that he had been DF'd.

Sorry, I'm not following. Are you talking about Joseph "JC" Howard here? If so, when was this, and if you don't mind, what exactly were the details again?

AMNESIAN7/1972-2/2001

• TheListener
    TheListener

Last I heard Yasko was a DO in NoCal. Probably still trying to lighten the mood by making fun of his name and ethnicity.

Kin Suen was a kind man.

Franklin Park was an A**.

• startingover
    startingover

Amnesian,

You heard that same talk I did and at during the same time period. I hope Barbara can clarify this.

• worf
    worf

Starting Over,

J.C. Howard was also our DO in New York City back in the mid to late 80's along with CO Carl F.Dyson. (Slicin Dyson) as he was known.

I am really interested to find out if J.C. Howard is disfellowshipped.

Worf

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Was your Bro. Davis, fairly new as a CO, had a southern drawl, and had been in the armed forces?

• IreallydidwalkoutofaKH
    IreallydidwalkoutofaKH

Startingovernow...I believe we are talking about the same person. He did have a drawl, although I did not know he was in the armed forces. He gave a talk during the district covention in 2007 at Qualcomm Staduim in San Diego. It was during a symposium about SECRETS. I really thought it was about us apostates. But ironically, no one remembered his talk that night....when I brought it up at a restaurant!

• startingover
    startingover

Concerning my earlier posts about Howard, perhaps this is what happened. Considering what he talked about in the talk and the obvious concern it was causing him, and even the fact that he would talk about the situation in a talk at a CA, maybe he had been falsely accused and on the way to being DF'd. I'm sure as a DO he would have been given plenty of leeway in the matter. Maybe he was even DF'd, but was able to prove his innocense before it was announced.

That would explain the descrepancies in the dates were are seeing here .

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Some of you older ones might remember Ruben Cobos from Los Angeles. Served in Michigan and other states. Was a first class guy, and real loving! I liked him.

Outaservice

Though, he probably is not drawing a retirement check from the Watchtower Society.

• startingover
    startingover

I remember Ruben and his wife Paula from when they served in MN. My parents were missionaries in Peru so they spoke Spanish and since that was Ruben's heritage I remember they used to get along good. Last I heard he was connected to this JW related business http://betheltourvacations.com/ I believe he was their LA representative or something like that. I still get things in the mail from this company.

You are right, he was a nice guy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit