Is there a Christian message without the element of fear/perceived threat?

by nvrgnbk 133 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Drywall boy??????????????

What's your problem JK?

changeling

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

What is it that you are being asked to do by God that is bad to you?

or else

Or else what, you get what you want? You will get what you want, you know.

BTS

• changeling
    changeling

Or else you go to hell, or die at Armagedon, or get passed up at resurrection, or fail to become "enlightend", or you don't get to pass go...Every god has an "or else". Take your pick.

changeling :)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Every god has an "or else". Take your pick.

Every action has a consequence.

Even if God is not in the picture.

BTS

• changeling
    changeling

Good people who don't worship the right god or the right way get the "or else". That is so in every religion. That is not reasonble.

Burn: You believe, I do not. I'm not here to change you. Let's agree to disagree.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Burn: You believe, I do not. I'm not here to change you. Let's agree to disagree.

Fine Changeling, but I do not agree with your statement below, I believe it is not correct:

Good people who don't worship the right god or the right way get the "or else". That is so in every religion.

BTS

• changeling
    changeling

Ok...one more question...

If I do not repent and start believing in and worshiping your god, what will happen to me?

• caliber
    caliber

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

• changeling
    changeling

What will happen to me if I deny God's glory, caliber?

• dawg
    dawg

I do not have children, I have dogs... when they piss on the floor, which they know they aren't supposed to do, they get punished. I do not however, place them into a burning fiery pit as some think the Christin God does, nor do I kill them for this violation. They're dogs, they're going dog as Chris Rock says...

I can assure you, I wouldn't do this to my children either.

Christians always say something to the effect, "well you decided to break God's laws"...here's where the false premise starts... the Bible's not believable, period! I don't believe it contains God's laws becasue it's not convincing.

If God wrote this book of fairy tales, and then leaves no conclusive evidence other than the book itself as proof he wrote it, it leaves the reader with few conclusions. God is either the worst writer ever, or he's a liar, or he didn't write that book. If there is a God then I can't believe the first two things... so the third option is my only one.

So we weigh the evidence, we read stories like the whale that swallowed a man, the earth being only a few thousand years old, stories of talking snakes... and yes, finally, we read that this "loving" father will burn us in a fire, or kill us at Armageddon all because we didn't believe in a book he wrote so badly that it's clearly not believable.

I'll take my chances on this... I tell you now my friends, I fear this not one damned iota.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit