Is there a Christian message without the element of fear/perceived threat?

by nvrgnbk 133 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Name them.

Do you have children? If so, did you have them merely to have someone inferior around to obey and honor you? Or did you have them for a more sublime reason? For relationship? For the love which can only exist in relation to another? For the love that can only exist in the sacrifice and service towards another? How could one experience love without another to share love?

This is how my "toddler's mind" tries to conceive it.

BTS

• changeling
    changeling
    On the one hand, you are angry because you were caused to exist without consent, and on the other, you are angry because you will cease to exist at some future point in time! Which is it you want?

Angry? Where did you get that idea?

I am happy and content with my life and life in general. I have no problem with the prospect of death. Everybody dies. I simply do not believe in fairy tales or bullshit.

Oh, and you never answered my question. I would like to hear your other alternatives to my scenario.

changeling :)

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Add to that that it can't be just any worship. No, only the hard to find, tough road to hoe kind will do. If you are a good person and worship the "wrong way" you're toast. If you are a good person who happens to be born in into a culture the does not know the "right way", you're toast. If your are good person but refuse to worship. you're toast.

It doesn't work that way, sorry. Maybe for others, like JWs, but not for me.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Angry? Where did you get that idea?

The tone of your post was strident and angry to me.

BTS

• changeling
    changeling
    Do you have children? If so, did you have them merely to have someone inferior around to obey and honor you? Or did you have them for a more sublime reason? For relationship? For the love which can only exist in relation to another? For the love that can only exist in the sacrifice and service towards another? How could one experience love without another to share love

My point exactlly! The god of the Bible created humans to have someone inferior around to honor him! That's ridiculous!

Yes, I do have children. I planned their conception. I love them dearly. I would never, ever ask them to worship me.

• caliber
    caliber

The line of reasoning we're on, makes me think of what my little cousin once said to his parents when he was

angry about something he said.." You guys make me eat three times a day ! " It's still a family joke, such

terrible parents, actually had the nerve to feed him three times a day .. abuse !

Caliber

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The god of the Bible created humans to have someone inferior around to honor him!

Uhhhm. I don't think so.

What do you think worship is Changeling that it is so reprehensible in your eyes?

BTS

• changeling
    changeling

I'm sorry for the "tone" you read into my posts. I embrace and enjoy life each and every day. If you read my posts on JWD you will see that I'm a very positive, upbeat person.

• JK666
    JK666

If Drywall Boy would correlate his personal behavior with his supposed morality . . . Threats wouldn't matter. It would be driven by him and his personal beliefs.

• changeling
    changeling

Worship: to bow down to a god and do as he asks in everything, or else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit