Is there a Christian message without the element of fear/perceived threat?

by nvrgnbk 133 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

What does being w/o god for eternity mean?

changeling :)

• changeling
    changeling

Do you guys not know what your faith teaches on this subject? Or are you afarid to spell it out?

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

What does being w/o god for eternity mean?

Apparently its overrated, because 1/3 of his heavenly slaves host quit.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron .

I simple knowledge of grammar explains this one. In pronoun use, a pronoun referes back the immediately preceeding proper noun, which in this case is not God but Judah. All this verse tells me is that God decided not to intervene in a supernatural way for Judah's benefit. Not that that would matter, since you would probably dismiss a supernatural event.

• changeling
    changeling

Why do I feel like a "wordly" person at the door asking a JW: "do you believe only JW's will be saved?" and watching them squirm and make up someting like: "Only Jehovah knows".

JW's believe those who are not witnesses will die at Armaggedon, plain and simple. What does your chuch teach guys?

• caliber
    caliber

changeling,

If a policemen says don't move or I'll shoot... what would happen to me if I ran ? I think you and I

already know the answer. But just for the record let me say I wouldn't move !

wicked one are judged by God .....

Iniquitous; sinful; criminal; guilty; immoral; unjust; unrighteous; unholy; irreligious; ungodly; profane; vicious; pernicious; atrocious; nefarious; heinous; flagrant; flagitious; abandoned

Caliber

• changeling
    changeling

Still not direct answer, caliber.

I've started another thread on the subject, maybe you can answer me there.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear changeling...

"Do you guys not know what your faith teaches on this subject? Or are you afarid to spell it out?"...

hebrews 10:28-29 states that anyone who rejects the law of moses dies without mercy on the testamony of two or three witnesses...and verse 29 allows you to fill in with your imagination the result if you reject the salvation offered in Jesus...but it does say that the fate is worse than death...

so...some people are just trying to warn you that's all...:)

love michelle

• changeling
    changeling

Warn me of what michelle???

• BFD
    BFD

I think she just told ya, changeling...a fate worse than death.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit