Imagine

by John Doe 116 Replies latest jw friends

• amama2six
    amama2six

That's really sad, John Doe. I understand it...but that doesn't make it any easier to swallow. More so than the monetary value is the fact that this facility is known for it's medical mistakes (training hospital). Apparently since it's so hard to sue them, even when they really mess up, they aren't feeling the need to do anything to improve their care. :(

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Exactly what?

Just about every XJW I have met, has suffered damage. Those who proclaim to be normal and over their experience are really in denial. Get to know the person and you will uncover things that might not be readily apparent.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    That's really sad, John Doe. I understand it...but that doesn't make it any easier to swallow. More so than the monetary value is the fact that this facility is known for it's medical mistakes (training hospital). Apparently since it's so hard to sue them, even when they really mess up, they aren't feeling the need to do anything to improve their care. :(

Yes, it is sad. We pride ourselves on equal protection, but everyone knows there is no such thing. It's not really the lawyer's fault either. It's very easy to go broke taking on expensive cases. What many will do is take on several easy cases for every harder one, to insure they have the finances in place to hold out on the ones they need to. In the end though, like with everything else, money is the catalyst. What's that old song? "Love may keep the whole world turning, but money greases the wheel."

• John Doe
    John Doe

Another insteresting thing about medical malpractice is the phychology involved. Like most exclusive professions, the medical field is tight knit for the most part. In a community of doctors, it's difficult to get them to testify against each other. What this means is that expert testimony typically comes from out of the geographic area. That means a lot of money for that testimony. However, when trying medical malpractice, you have to have expert testimony. You can't expect lawyers or jurors to read and interpret xrays and medical charts, or to kow what a competent doctor will do in a given situations.

Then, the defense will bring their own expert witnesses, every bit as credible. How does a juror decide to believe when they are analying things that are over their head and have qualified experts arging both sides? Tough issues.

• John Doe
    John Doe

If anyone is interested in a movie that covers some of these ethical issues, I highly recommend "The Rainmaker." Great movie.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I probably would not sue. I probably wouldnt say anything. I probably wouldnt eat in that restauraunt for a long time. It would be quite a drama establishing the claim to begin with. And there would be a lot of scrutiny of my life and past. I wouldnt sue, not because I am a particularly good person, but I think I am. I wouldnt sue because I have better ways to spend my time. And maybe I'm stupid and naive, but I dont think anything would come of your senario. You might get a free meal. And you might just get more pissed off. I dont go to many multi billion dollar franchises. I go to Cody's Roadhouse which has 12 restaurants in 3 states. If I get a steak that is tough, They have made me a new one. I still have to pay for it. In fact I like to eat in dives places with atmosphere. Biker bars etc. Which are getting harder and hader to find.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh John, I get it, you just want to see if you can get away with talking about pubic hair without getting your thread locked.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Oh John, I get it, you just want to see if you can get away with talking about pubic hair without getting your thread locked.

lol

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Is the restaurant next door to a bikini wax salon?

• FlyingHighNow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit