Imagine

by John Doe 116 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I've worked in several restaurants with very high cleanliness standards. I wouldn't work in one that was filthy. And no one could have gotten away with spitting in food, etc. They were right there in front of many workers. Hairs in food? It's going to happen and there are worse things you could find, like roaches and worms. I found a worm in the tomatoes of a salad bar. I just told them they needed to check their tomatoes.

Pubic hair? I think this is a test of our mods. I am surprised they haven't been alerted and locked down the thread yet. But no one is discussing their nether regions, so maybe that's why the thread is still here.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Whether his intent or not, JD is playing devil's advocate as a good law student should. It is all about what if and what would the jury decide and how to sway the thinking one way or another. It is NOT about what is right, reasonable or just. It is about representing a client who may be on one side or the other of an issue - that they want to win. Lawyers don't take sides or have an opinion unless they are paid.

• amicus
    amicus
    Whether his intent or not, JD is playing devil's advocate as a good law student should. It is all about what if and what would the jury decide and how to sway the thinking one way or another. It is NOT about what is right, reasonable or just. It is about representing a client who may be on one side or the other of an issue - that they want to win. Lawyers don't take sides or have an opinion unless they are paid.

True, but think about this. Isn't this a sadder commentary on the legal justice system in the US than any nonsense the rank and file can spew?

• amicus
    amicus
    And no one could have gotten away with spitting in food, etc

Just out of curiosity, how would this be enforced? You thought your restaurant was sanitary, I submit you "hoped, or thought" it was.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

getting in an accident and discovering a hair in your food are 2 different things. One can leave you permanently physically disabled, the other is based on pre-existing conditions, namely the trauma experienced earlier in life.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I still think it is frivoulous, and that person is due an apology and a free meal, but nothing else.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

case dismissed---and the plaintiff is to pay all legal fees incrued for wasting the judge and the jury's time for such a frivolous matter.

Oh and by the way, all money from the legal fees are to be donated to silentlambs and JWD. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit