Imagine

by John Doe 116 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

You're eating at a large, multi bilion dollar franchise corporation restaurant. Now, further assume you find a pubic har in your food, or better yet, you find a hair when it pulls your lip as you removed your fork from your mouth. Now, you suffer no physical harm, no sickness, no tangible harm. Would you sue? If so, what should be your recovery? Does the restaurant's money factor into your decision?

• changeling
    changeling

Is this your homework assingnment?

• John Doe
    John Doe

Just a hypothetical. I'm out of school until next month. ;-)

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Are you looking for tuition money?

• John Doe
    John Doe

No, nothing to do with me. I'm just wondering how people would react to this situation.

• changeling
    changeling

Seriously, I would complain to the manager and expect my meal "comped" (and a new, hairless meal as well). I would expect them to call the health department and let me know when that was done. I wouldn't sue. I don't believe in frivolous law suits and would not want to be party to one.

changeling :)

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I don't believe in frivolous law suits and would not want to be party to one.

Personally, I would lose my appetite. ;-) What makes a suit frivolous or not?

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

What's done is done.

I'd complain, walk out not pay the bill and leave it at that.

I wouldn't go back.

Life's too short to waste my time.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Notice I said "no tangible harm." Would your decision remain the same if you felt you'd suffered psychological harm? Would it make a difference if you leaned that pubes in the pudding, so to speak, is a common occurence at this particular establishment?

• changeling
    changeling

Frivolous: taking advantage of a situation to make a buck.

Where there is no damage done and no intention to cause damage or where the issue can easily be remedied, to sue would be frivolous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit