I Live For Today - No Longer Fear the Future- After Exiting the Witnesses

by flipper 40 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson

There's something about John Doe and his "D cels" that is disconserting.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Thanks Flipper (Mrs. Flipper too).

I was feeling angry, hopeless, and sad because of the damage this cult inflicts on people, but your post cheered me up a little.

• wings
    wings

Yes Mr. Flipper, I feel the same way.

I have much to learn about living life. Being in "survival" mode for so many years has forced me to live for the moment. I am actually trying to bite off larger chunks of time, enough to help me connect to other lives around me. To think in terms of a path. To have a plan. To work towards achieving goals. Etc...

Balance is necessary, but often a missing part of my current existence. I stop and smell the roses all day long. It makes me smile, and that's how I get by.

wings

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Mr Flipper heres to YOU and life

I couldn't have said it better, I think the same way as you do. I was raised a JW in fear and always waiting for the end. Even when I left I was always in fear of Armageddon. Finally thanks to the internet and JWD (enlightened in the past year) I now know that Armageddon was a Lie and what the JW's taught is a fairy tale. I am now living life and enjoying.

Hugs to you and Mrs Flipper

Velvet

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Sorry I was in bed last night, lol. I have kids! But I do enjoy my life so much more, enjoy every day as a gift versus a potential day of destruction. I don't worry about the future, I look forward to all that it holds. I look forward to every birthday, xmas and halloween with my kids knowing I get to watch them enjoy it and be so thankful knowing I didn't raise them as I was raised. Life is all good, even the bumps have an upside. You just have to look for it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I really think I'll go back to the meetings so I can get my sprititual batteries recharged. They're D cells so it might take some doing.

Really? So, John...do you vibrate?

Cheers Flipper!

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

Fortunately for me it wasn't a slow process. The hardest part was actually getting to a place in life I could leave that behind and not be surrounded by it. Once that happened it was as a switch was thrown. I love life - every experience, good or bad, offers insight on how to grow as a person. I have no fears of an angry God and have fully opened up myself to the possibilities around me. As JW's you are so focused on the future and what might be you forget to pause and take in everything around you.

Yes - not everyone else is comfortable with my decisions. But you know what - I am. And that is enough.

Jeremiah - aka Morph

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I feel brighter about life now also. And I feel that by knowing what I now know and by living my life like this rather than jw-style, I'll have less regrets over all. I won't feel like I (or my kid(s)) missed out on a pile of things. But...

I feel like I don't know much about the world around me. Its only in the last little while that I'm learning the truth about history (cave man vs Adam and Eve), geography (ice ages vs flood), science (evolution vs creation) and on and on. I've bought a number of books - including a science school text book - and joined the library. Its nice to enjoy reading and it not just be WT, Awakes, and the like. But it amazes and saddens me how much I ignored and suppressed when I was in school.

Am

• amicus
    amicus
    As some know here - I was born in the witnesses . Raised in it and stayed in for 44 long years ! My views about the future, and what happens after death, and how to live life have drastically changed in 5 years since leaving the witness cult ! For the better I feel ! I enjoy living life one day at a time , enjoying each moment , each relationship , my loving wife , our animals on Rancho Sierra mountains , enjoy music , even as I'm typing this ! Rockin' to the blues ! What makes me feel positive now ??

Flipper,

I'm impressed. I was a rebel pre-jdub days. It was far easier for me to transition back to rebel status than you. I'm sorry I missed the Tahoe apostafest. I like to know my neighbors, I'll be at the next one.

/saluting Flipper and my fellow apostates

-Bobby

• catbert
    catbert

God promised not to use a global flood on us again, but if he did, that would be
    cool because those of us with boats and rafts would inherit the earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit