I Live For Today - No Longer Fear the Future- After Exiting the Witnesses

by flipper 40 Replies latest jw friends

• hot mama
    hot mama

I just read your post and agree with you that life is so much better now. I have been fading for a few months now and feel so much better. No longer live in fear. No longer feel guilty about being "friends" with "worldly people". In fact I've found out that people outside the org. are much nicer than some of those on the inside. I'm still having a hard time getting my mother to accept my decision but other than that I feel fantastic and am going to enjoy each day anew!!!

• hot mama
    hot mama

I want to add that I am royally pissed off at not being able to get a decent education because of the WITNESSES!!!!! Because of it my kids were never able to have any fun at school or holidays. I'm sick of cleaning toilets because if the crap of not educating myself for anything else. Thanks for listening. I did'nt realise just how mad I am!

• flipper
    flipper

HOT MAMA- Yes- I agree with you I found the same thing after exiting the witness cult, there ARE a lot of nice normal people outside the witnesses ! I was annoyed that I wasn't allowed a college education as well , don't feel too bad about cleaning toilets though - it's what I do for a living as well ( commercial janitorial ) can be good money in it self employed. But I agree I'd rather be doing something more enjoyable as well. I don't want to be cleaning toilets at age 90 ! Would like to retire someday ! Good luck to you , Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• beerose
    beerose

I wasn't quite totally hooked in,as I had issues with teachings! but came close,I think I might always have fear of the future,but not for death.I fear and hope this never happens,but I fear someone may push me too far and I might sock them one! I fear never seeing the people I care and love again! And I fear alzheimer's from all the weed I smoked throughout my years! Not to get off topic flipper,but if they come back ,how do I send them away without it being me rejecting them? It matters to me!

• amama2six
    amama2six

I really think I'll go back to the meetings so I can get my sprititual batteries recharged. They're D cells so it might take some doing.

John...that sounds like D-cell-eration to me! :P

• beerose
    beerose

Put youself in my shoes,I just don't want it going down that way after what they gave me! I am being honest here,judge yourself!

• flipper
    flipper

BEEROSE- All you have to do is be honest if you don't want witnesses calling on you and say that you are satisfied and doing well. Don't have to be mean- just say you are happy

• done4good
    done4good

Life has never been better, Flip!

I can't believe I stayed in until I was 32...(I really knew better).

j

• flipper
    flipper

DONE 4 GOOD- I hear ya ! Life is good as well ! Cheers back to ya ! I can't believe I waited until age 44 to get out ! So I know what you mean ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• peggy
    peggy

U have a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit