I Live For Today - No Longer Fear the Future- After Exiting the Witnesses

by flipper 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Now is good.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I no longer have any fear of the demons, of Armageddon, or of pxxxing Jehovah off. Instead, I worry more about getting physically recaptured and dragged back to the Kingdumb Hell (which is more realistic than all the things they taught me to worry about).

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for all the answers ! Great comments ! I was detained and busy yesterday- so I'll comment !

CoCo- Thanks for the good answer ! You are right - we don't have to put our life on hold anymore. Don't have to fear now or the future ! That is so good you advocate as a writer, and a teacher to get people to use critical thinking ability and higher education ! Good for you ! Keep the good work up friend !

AMAMA2SIX- Glad you are happy and enjoy your life each day as it comes !

JOHN DOE- You have a great satirical humor ! You missed your calling. You should have been a comedian - or satirical writer ! Maybe you will be able to use your humor in the courtroom as an attorney . We need more attorney's with a good sense of humor ! They are always so drab.

WAC- " The Power of Now " is great !

WORF- I see we are on the same page. I agree Armageddon is a " fear " tactic the witnesses and other religions use to keep people scared and " obedient ". What it really does is keep them " mind controlled" where they can't use their minds to think critically ! I'm glad we are out too my friend !

WATSON- John Doe's D cells disconnecting ? That is too funny !

LADY ZOMBIE- I'm glad these thoughts cheered you up ! I know how you feel. At times I've felt angry still that I can't see my witness daughters 21 and 20 lke I would choose - but sometimes it's just the power of mind over matter ! Making up our minds to be happy and have hope ! We can all do it !

WINGS- Hi ! Wings ! Yeah, I think survival mode does force us to live in the here and now, or moment as you say. I'm glad you stop and smell the roses sis - it helps you enjoy the experiences and stay in the here and now ! It's good to plan for the future as you say - however there are some things in life where the future will take care of itself and we can't control. We just have to be there when it comes to explore the positive opportunities and possibilities ! Keep the good work up sis ! Wifey and I will talk soon to ya ! Peace.

VELVETANN- I agree with you. I think many of us raised in the JW's were afraid for years of Armageddon - but when I stopped believing in it- I lost my fear ! Hugs back to you sis ! Wife sends her best !

SWEETSTUFF- That's cool that you celebrate the holidays and Birthdays now with your children ! I'm sure it brings you and them a lot of joy seeing the happiness on their faces at Christmas, Birthdays, and Halloween ! Such fun times ! Kudos to you mom for breaking the chain of being a JW and giving your children a " real " life !

MRS. JONES 5- Cheers back to you and hubby Josie !

METAMORPHISIS - I'm really happy for you that you opened yourself up to opportunities to " really " live life outside the JW experience ! And you are right - the main thing is you are comfortable with your decision - whether others are or not !

AMHAARET- You will have less regrets in life living outside the witnesses ! THat is good you are educating yourself about the outside world - it IS very interesting !

AMICUS- I hope to meet you soon someday as well ! I'll PM you my phone number. Maybe we can talk sometime since we live fairly close in Nor-Cal. I salute you back my friend ! I enjoy your posts ! You've got a good head on your shoulders and have great takes on things !

CUTBERT- That is funny ! If you have a boat you'd be lucky if God brought a flood !

OPENMIIND- Now - is definitely good !

WT WIZARD- I don't fear demons , or Armageddon anymore either ! Your statement is very true - there is MORE danger of them stalking us and dragging us back kicking and screaming to the kngdom hall ! Seems like they never give up trying to bug us ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• shamus100
    shamus100

Armageddon will not come. And if it does, let's think about it. A bunch of self-rightcheous a$$holes picking up crap all they're lives, and weeding. GIVE ME A BREAK! Jehovah does not exist. I know this in my heart, my soul, and everything that is in me. I cannot envision me being wrong - and if I am wrong, then jehoblah is someone who I don't want to know.

I am happy. I am happier now than I've ever been. We all have ups and downs, but this is life. With the dubs it was always down. I live my life without fear.

The only devil in this world lives in the human heart.

• JK666
    JK666

flip,

I had a "sequential" transition to freedom. Like you I was "in" for the first 44 years of my life. They gave me the heave ho in 2001, and I did not realize the "Truth about the troof" until 2004, by accessing Freeminds and JWD.

The first thing that struck me was that I am not afraid of the future. Even from a young age, I thought for sure I was going to die at Armageddon. That is a pretty twisted way to grow up! That dread no longer looms over my head.

Life is a highway.

JK

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    If there is life after death- I'll be sure to give each of you a phone call if I have your number and let ya know how things are going !

I'll be looking forward with keen anticipation for your call....lol

Being off the Jw roller coaster mentality and especially emotionally has really given me a calm and I do look forward to each day. I get up and think

how grateful I am to be alive. I enjoy the simple things in life more than I ever have. I feel that it is so easy to talk to people perhaps because I look at

the world in a whole different light now. Now its just the hanging out part to work on.....lol.....There is a lot of good in humanity, contrary to beliefs once held.

That book really has helped me, I can't thank you enough....

hope4others

• flipper
    flipper

SHAMUS 100- I agree- Armageddon was a teaching designed to scare us and control us. I can be happy now too. We do have our ups and downs in life - but living that life without fear is a great thing !

JK- I agree with you ! Armageddon scared me growing up in the witness cult from youth up ! But it has been a nice transitioning to freedom - as you said ! It is great ! Life is a highway - Very well put ! Gotta enjoy the ride !

HOPE 4 OTHERS- Very true what you say ! The simple things in life are the things to be thankful for ! Grateful to be alive - enjoy the moment - there is a lot of good in people out there ! I'm glad the book helped you - are you referring to " Combatting Cult Mind Control " ? Good for you sis ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Thought I'd bump this up for any wanting to vent or open up about how they feel about the future ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• JK666
    JK666

Flip,

This topic reminds me of the Jimi Hendrix lyrics to I Don't Live Today:

Will I live tomorrow?
    Well, I just can't say
    Will I live tomorrow?
    Well, I just can't say
    But I know for sure
    I don't live today
    No sun comin' through my windows
    Feel like I'm livin' at the bottom of a grave
    No-ho sun comin' through my windows
    Feel like I'm livin' at the bottom of a grave
    I wish you'd hurry up and rescue me
    So I can be on my miserable way
    (well), I don't
    Live today
    Maybe tomorrow, I just can't say, but, uh
    I don't
    Live today
    It's such a shame to waste your time away like this
    Existing
    Well, uh-i don't
    Live today
    Maybe tomorrow, I just can't tell you baby, but, uh
    Oh, I don't
    Live today
    Its such a shame to spend the time
    Away like this
    Existing
    Yeah
    Ow
    Yeah
    Oh, no
    Yeah
    Oh, there ain't no life no where

JK

• flipper
    flipper

JK- It was a shame to waste our time away like we did in the witnesses. Yes, like Jimi said- we don't know if we'll live tomorrow - but we will make the best of today ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit