I Live For Today - No Longer Fear the Future- After Exiting the Witnesses

by flipper 40 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

As some know here - I was born in the witnesses . Raised in it and stayed in for 44 long years ! My views about the future, and what happens after death, and how to live life have drastically changed in 5 years since leaving the witness cult ! For the better I feel ! I enjoy living life one day at a time , enjoying each moment , each relationship , my loving wife , our animals on Rancho Sierra mountains , enjoy music , even as I'm typing this ! Rockin' to the blues ! What makes me feel positive now ??

I don't believe in Armageddon. It's a lie. It was used to keep us in fear as witnesses. I actually don't believe in a resurrection either. That too was promised to us to get us out of enjoying this life , so we would not live in the here and now ! The witnesses only wanted us to think of the future alleged " paradise " so we would be kept under lock and key in our lives, controlled ! We don't have to live in fear, and we don't have to live with guilt ! Surprise, surprise ! The boogey man really won't come tomorrow and kill us for enjoying life today ! I don't know if there is life after death somewhere, but you know what ? I really don't worry about it ! I am too involved with enjoying life now, each day and drink in the love and caring experiences I can share with everyone . If there is life after death- I'll be sure to give each of you a phone call if I have your number and let ya know how things are going ! I guess I feel this way with a more lax view because everything was SO tense in the Witnesses that every little move was scrutinized ! Now, I want to relax ! Am I making any sense here ??

How do you folks feel about this after exiting the Jehovah's Witnesses ? Are you losing your fears gradually ? Are you feeling more comfortable with life ? It takes time . It took me a couple years after being out to totally start relaxing. But here's a toast to all of us tonight ! I drink to you all ! Survivors pressing on in life with however we roll in the best way possible for each of us ! I look forward to hearing from you ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Are you all still freaking witnesses or what ?? !! Are you happy you got out ? Do you live for the future doom and gloom ? Or- are you enjoying yourself ? Just curious. Throw me a bone here people ! I need to chew on something ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• calico
    calico

hi fipper

• flipper
    flipper

Hi Calico ! How's the drinking kitty doing ?? Are you scared of the future ? We will protect you here on JWD ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• calico
    calico

not scaredy c at anymore

• compound complex
    compound complex

GREETINGS ANEW MR. FLIPPER,

Oh, sorry - I'm shouting. I'm no typist. While you were making your original post I was talking to a former PO-now-deist.

He says we don't need all the answers. We were having the very same discussion over the telephone that you were typing away here on JWD:

1) tossing away fear of now and the future.

2) viewing "worldly" people as the truly wonderful people they are.

3) no longer putting life on hold.

4) refusing to cave to WT directives irrevelant to practical living.

5) finding real joy, such as you state, in the here and now.

I spend hours daily in research and writing and, as a teacher, I ADVOCATE, ADVOCATE, ADVOCATE HIGHER EDUCATION AND CRITICAL THINKING!

I've never been happier nor more filled with a sense of purpose. And the evil Internet?

I put up a thread on my conversation with Dr. Billie Davis, whose life story, "A Desk for Billie," influenced me 52 years ago. Her story of life as a hobo child who wanted and got education personally benefited some here on JWD who read the post. If I had never googled the above movie title I would never have learned that the "Billie" portrayed in the 1956 movie was a real person, who became a doctor of sociology. I called her and learned what she continues doing today at 85 years-old to help children. She lives in Springfield, Missouri.

I could not do what I am doing today - primarily through JWD - if I were still ...

And now you know the rest of the story!

Thanks for listening.

CoCo

• amama2six
    amama2six

Not still a JW. Live life day to day. Enjoy myself immensely. Totally and utterly happy! :D

• calico
    calico

?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

welcome to the "POWER OF NOW", we've been expecting you ;-)

• worf
    worf

Mr Flipper,

You posted: " I don't believe in Armageddon. It's a lie. It was used to keep us in fear as witnesses. I actually don't believe in a resurrection either. That too was promised to us to get us out of enjoying this life , so we would not live in the here and now ! The witnesses only wanted us to think of the future alleged " paradise " so we would be kept under lock and key in our lives, controlled ! We don't have to live in fear, and we don't have to live with guilt ! Surprise, surprise ! The boogey man really won't come tomorrow and kill us for enjoying life today ! I don't know if there is life after death somewhere, but you know what ? I really don't worry about it ! I am too involved with enjoying life now, each day and drink in the love and caring experiences I can share with everyone . If there is life after death- I'll be sure to give each of you a phone call if I have your number and let ya know how things are going ! I guess I feel this way with a more lax view because everything was SO tense in the Witnesses that every little move was scrutinized ! Now, I want to relax ! Am I making any sense here ?? "

You make perfect sense in your post. I feel exactly as your words above have expressed. I also no longer live my life in fear of any supposed ethereal being, such as a "god" coming down and destroying people. That is nothing but a fear tactic, used by religious leaders who want to extract easy livings from others, without getting out there and putting in the nitty gritty effort themselves to make their own livings.

Worf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit