Is There ANYTHING More Monotonous Than Living As A JW?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

yeah, there were some boring meetings for sure, but the association was great, i had alot of good friends, we always did stuff after the meetings... service was always interesting, again, sometimes i dreaded it, but I always felt better after each meeting and each day in service...

That being said, the memories are now bittersweet due to the stuff that happened to me that lead up to me being disfellowshipped --

but im not going to deny my good experiences just because im hurt from the situation.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My father-in-law (still active) said you can literally miss a month of meetings and return and hear the same thing when you return. It's absolutely true! The message is repeated every week!

Like watching a soap opera

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    i had alot of good friends

You THOUGHT you had good friends. Real friends don't refuse to talk to you over a difference of opinion.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

yes, i am corrected ;)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When it comes to being a witless, you do not get what you put into it. That is the official party line, intended to get people to put more in.

This is what happens when you put more into it, hoping to get more out. Others almost always control your partners. You get more studies, and have to teach them more crap (boring) at times that are good for them. And you get one more publisher, pushing the Washtowel Slaveholdery closer to the dreaded 7 million mark.

I don't think there is anything more boring than being a witless, and it is only getting worse. Not only have the gatherings been taken away, but now there are more waste of paper distribution campaigns where it is house after house of giving those things away. Boasting sessions are almost always totally canned. The bigger boasting sessions are all the same as one another, save minor details. Education is banned beyond high school, as is the Internet (save for their own site or if you need it for work) and independent thinking of any kind.

When I used to hope people are not home, stand out on calls dreading the next call, or hope to be able to fog up the windows in the car, I would say that is pretty boring. In fact, I would rather be at work than at a boasting session or out in field circus.

• minimus
    minimus

WTWiz, could you write something without me having to always get a decoder? Please?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    WTWiz, could you write something without me having to always get a decoder? Please?

Wow, I thought it was just me

nj

• minimus
    minimus

Solace, service was always interesting? Once again, you gotta be joking.

Your association was great?? They really aren't " good friends",they won't even talk to you!

You're still in LaLaLand, no offense.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

dude,

those are my experiences - please dont mock me. Service, well, maybe i was unsure if i should be out there sometimes - but yeah it was interesting in that i got to speak to ALOT of different people, and maybe raise some interest in reading the bible.

yeah, as i already cleared up, they WERE good friends, UNTIL they stopped talking to me.

• minimus
    minimus

They were NEVER good friends, dude. Good friends don't just stop talking to you!

You got to talk to a lot of people?? WOW! No JW that I know of has that experience. No one answers the door and everyone that does says either they're not interested or that they're busy. Odd.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit