Is There ANYTHING More Monotonous Than Living As A JW?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I look back and think of how mindless, boring and dumb it all was.

I think of having to sit at mind numbing meetings, bored to tears, making believe I was enjoying the fine spiritual banquet.

I think of how we used to drive around in "service" looking for nothing to do----just so that we could put our time in---hoping that no one was home.

Everyone had to conform to direction and whims of elders or the Society.

I AM SOOOOOOOOOO GLAD I'M OUT!

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

The only thing more monotonous is watching paint dry. And even there I'm leaning towards the JW life as the more monotonous of the two.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Death?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Watching water boil... when you've forgotten to light the flame.

My comment is that my life is so much fun now and I feel that I have so much free time... my whole life I have spent at least 35,000 hours dedicated to the borg's interests.... so now I can concentrate on enjoying my life here and now!

God topic, min... (finally)

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

yes, there was certainly a routine about it.

but, each meeting had its own interesting things about it, and experiences in service nearly always varied - and the things we did around the meetings, life was very full, and still maintained a sufficient supply of spontaneity about it. You get what you put into it.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

I wouldn't like to live in a monastery either.

• minimus
    minimus

Solace, you MUST be joking, right?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Min,

Solace always confuses me too... is he an apologist? or just nuts? I haven't figured it out yet... he is DFd though...

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I'm thinking he is at the crossroads. You know, where you are no longer associated, but a certain part of you still thinks it is "the truth."

However, if he would kindly quit the condescending bullshit towards people, that would be great.

• carla
    carla

Is there anything more monotonous than living AS a jw? Yes, living with one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit