Is There ANYTHING More Monotonous Than Living As A JW?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I took an Actuarial (math) course in school and wanted to burn my face off with a soldering iron after the second week.

Rub a Dub

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No, I don't think so. Unless you're a prisoner in Thailand or something.

You don't really LIVE.

• New light for you
    New light for you

I'm glad Solace is here.... gives us something to focus on.

Anything more monotonous? housework? laundry? washing my cat? Putting on nylons in 100degree weather? I guess thats VARIETY!!

• minimus
    minimus

For Solace: I just don't understand what you miss about being a JW.

Specifically what positives were there? The meetings and service were interesting??

• sacolton
    sacolton

It was all so boring!

My father-in-law (still active) said you can literally miss a month of meetings and return and hear the same thing when you return. It's absolutely true! The message is repeated every week!

• minimus
    minimus

That's what really got to me---- the monotone repetition!

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Solace

I spent the first half of life in (born-in)

and the second half (give or take) out

and 99% conflicted about what I felt for

the whole time (first few years excepting)

I had some very good experiences while in

and out

It's taken me a lonnnnnnnnng time to

reconcile it all

Hang on to the good but don't let it cloud

over the bad................cause it's bad.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

I had some great times with the "friends". And it was nice to visit different parts of the country, or even a different country, and meet new people and make new "friends". There was even a time when I really got into the doctrine, so even the meetings held some interest, for a time. However, one day you begin to realize that there is nothing new in the Watchtower or any of the publications except the same self congratulating crap that's been there for decades. You begin to dread getting talk assignments. You begin to dread going door to door. You begin to bring "outside" reading material to the meetings. Finally, you discover that there is life outside the Theocratic Treadmill, and leave. Jesus said acceptable worship would involve spirit and truth. If only there was a bit of "spirit," maybe I could overlook the lack of truth.

Dave

• minimus
    minimus

Dave----well put!

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

something to focus on? What exactly does that mean?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit