Let's Talk About Anything ! I can take it ! How is Your Life Going ?

by flipper 120 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

Sparkplug, thanks.

Stage 1 and 2 are curable,I got lucky. Stage 3 is organ failure. Stage four is paralisis and death.

Sorry to hear your daughter is breaking your heart again. I think you have done well as a mom and her actions may be spurred by bad influences. Whatever the reason I hope she returns safely.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

My list of top five favourite things to do includes skiing, even though I'm crap at it. Our season has just started and in a couple of weeks we're going to NZ for some spectactular fields. Life is GREAT.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Ahh you know - life goes on 'ey?

It is winter here in the Southern Hemisphere and the kids are full of the usual winter germs - always a juggling act trying to balance work and home - but still managing to keep the balls in the air, so all is good! For myself - all is well - I am still losing weight - a good thing most definitly! My mother is out of my hair most of the time and I find myself feeling less and less angry.

Of great concern is whether Mr Princess Daisy Boo will have a job in a few months time. Will Himself suvive the cut of one third of the workforce? Perhaps we will come out of this retrenchment scenario unscathed, and by Christmas time, we will be battling to remember was the fuss was? Perhaps this will be the catalyst that either makes Himself change jobs after 14 years? Perhaps this might give us the final push as a family to emigrate?

Thanks for asking Flipper!

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Let's see

I have a nice house
    I live in the woods
    I'm surrounded by national parks
    I can't see my nearest neighbor
    (only one)
    I'm self employed with my wife
    I work about 10 hours a week
    (The wife puts in around 24 hrs a week)
    We both charge 3 figure hourly rates
    or just flat rates on consulting work.

My JW family keeps it to themselves (mostly)

My children are grown up and on their own.
    Both successful

My vehicles are all paid for
    I own a classic sports car

I have a freezer full of food
    and a huge garden growing

Gas is on the rise
    Health care is outrageous
    My stock portfolio is flat

But it is all manageable and affordable

My wife (never a JW) and I study scripture together
    This is a new recent development and It's fun
    Never thought I would say that!!

No real complaints or worries
    We have made life good
    No doom and gloom here

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

one foot in front of the other!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Well I just ate at a 4 diamond restaurant, am getting my yellow belt in taekwon-do at the end of the month and am in the best shape of my life while taking an elective psychology course on my favorite subject - psychopaths. I would have to say life is pretty good and that is not even counting a well paying job with flexible scheduling, a boyfriend of nearly 3 years and my beloved cat -- or the completed honors thesis I am currently seeking to publish. I normally do not wax on about my life and hate to seem boastful but life is pretty grand and it's time I admitted that out loud!

• lola28
    lola28

I'm tired, I've been getting very little sleep and it's finally caught up with me. I wish I were in bed.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Let's Talk About Anything ! I can take it !

Ok, you asked for it!

1. My bird breaks out of his cage every day. So far he's destroyed my leather recliner couch, my love seat, my lamp, 4 shirts, 2 pants, and the moulding in my living room.
    2. The previous owner of the house I bought didn't pay her water bills, so the city added them to MY property tax.
    3. My blood glucose has been high lately. So has my blood pressure.
    4. My workload on the job has increased because a coworker is off due to an injury.
    5. My feet hurt, and I think I need orthodics. It hurts like hell to walk.
    6. My back is better than it was last month.
    7. I have a grease burn on my right forearm. It won't heal because Rocco keeps biting the scab off. I can't put a bandage on it because he'll attack it even more.
    8. I need to redo my second floor bathroom.
    9. I need to paint.
    10. I have this really big zit on my left asscheek, and... oh, never mind.

W

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

can't rocco help you with the zit on your ass?

• flipper
    flipper

Wow ! What a variety of liife experiences we have going on here ! I'll reply. Thanks for posting !

SPARKPLUG- Thanks for the kind words about my daughters. I'm sorry about your daughter as well friend. Hang in there sis ! You have my wife and my phone numbers if you'd like to talk sometime. Keep your chin up ! You sound like a strong person deep inside ! Take care.

DJK- Hang in there with your illness friend ! I hope it gets better with the medication you are taking.

SASS MY FRASS- Hope you have a great time skiing in New Zealand ! You'll get the hang of it in time- keep at it !

PRINCESS DAISY BOO- It's nice to have mothers not being in our hair , isn't it ? Glad your's is out of your hair now ! I hope your husband's work situation gets straightened out for him and you ! Is the economy bad over in South Africa as well like it is here in the U.S. ?

LOCKED CHAOS- I'm glad you and your wife are enjoying a nice life together ! My wife and I also enjoy each other and live in the woods as well surrounded by a national forest in the Sierra mountains in Northern California ! My children are grown as well and on their own doing good. One child is not a witness, but my two daughters are. That part sucks. Glad to see you are doing well !

HORTENSIA- That's the only way to go sis ! One foot in front of the other ! It's how you get to the destination you want ! I too think Finally Free's bird should pop that pimple for him !

MYSTERIOUS - I am so happy for you that life is going well for you ! Lots of things you have going on to be thankful for it soundslike ! Keep it up girl- good on you !

LOLA 28- Hope you are catching up on sleep !

FINALLY FREE- I love your humor ! You are one of the funniest people on the board in my opinion ! Sounds like you need a bird trainer so Rocco doesn't switch roles on you and take over ownership of you guy ! That bird has you under his thumb ! Oh- That's right, birds don't have opposable thumbs ! Forgot ! I hope your blood pressur gets better. Do you take nedicine for it ? I have to take blood pressure medicine as well. Hope your feet get better too ! Maybe Hortensia is right - perhaps Rocco CAN pick that pimple off your a$$ for you ! But I'd use a local anesthesia first ! It migh kind of freak you out emotionally to see your own bird operating on you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

FINALLY FREE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit