Let's Talk About Anything ! I can take it ! How is Your Life Going ?

by flipper 120 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

So- Thought I'd start a thread to see how life is treating you folks ! Let's talk about anything you want . We will let the direction of the thread take it's own course ! How are you ? Are ya happy ? Are ya sad ? Are ya mad ? Are you getting what you want in life right now ? So any subject you want - let's talk . Look forward to hearing anything from you

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

I am a little down lately, the economy sucks, glad I moved most of my retirement funds out of stocks and into Money Market back in January . . . Miss my kids I lost to the washtowel . . wish I could retire . . . I work too hard, worked on my house every day of my vacation . .

on the plus side . . . We have some beautiful Cardinals nesting in the back yard!!!

And . . I have a good job and an awesome wife. It all balances out for the most part.

• yknot
    yknot

I think I am being possessed by pop demons......

I can't stop playing Maroon 5 or Rihanna......

I don't even like most of the songs yet again and again either I playing them or they are playing in my head.....

Do you thing Kingdom Melodies can save me Flipper ?

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I just had a look at the Krispy Creme calendar on another thread. .....

http://www.freeple.com/blog/wp-photos/20071211-000231-2.jpg

[what an eyeful that was!]

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Mr. Flipout,

I'm really, really good, but I'd be happier still if a fellow cleaner, such as yourself, would post on "Ask Happy Homemaker!"

H.H. shows himself ever the cheerful soul, but I know him personally. He's beginning to live inside the fractured fairy tales and castles in the sky of his internationally syndicated home-help column.

Do it for Happy - huh? Will ya?

Thanks ever so,

CoCo

• megs
    megs

Okayyyy, next time I want to stray from my diet, I will look at the Krispy Kreme calendar to remind myself of how I DON'T want to look...

• flipper
    flipper

LOTUCUS of BORG- I hear ya bro ! I'm a little down too lately ! I have customers not paying me on time due to the bad economy also. I miss my 2 adult witness daughters also. One of them I haven't talked to in 1 year, the other 4 months. How old are your witness kids ?? I work way too hard as well - but do have beautiful animals and birds here in the Sierra mountains in California too ! My wife is lovely as well, we are very happy so it does balance things out. You and I are similar - we should talk some time ! Hang in there bro !

YKNOT- I think your saving grace is you DON'T listen to kingdom melodies ! Maroon 5 has cool music ! Nothing to apologize about. Although if you widen out in your tastes in music, like listening to blues, hard rock, heavy metal, it will expand your tastes ! Just a thought ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• whitman
    whitman

Well...since you asked....I'm really struggling with trying to adapt to having a disability. I'm really tired, I hardly sleep at all because of the pain. It appears that my physical condition is deteriorating.... the loss of sensation in my left hand has now 'spread' through my whole left arm....it's numb but it also hurts....like really bad pins and needles...it's very weird, and frankly, it's freaking me out. I'm struggling with intense anxiety attacks...and yes - I am appropriately medicated but I think the meds need tweaking slightly. I have no idea how I am going to complete my doctoral thesis before my candidature expires. I've had a falling out with my mum about borg issues...it's the first time since I left ten years ago....and it couldn't come at a worse time. I really need my mum. I need everyone actually, just to function...I need a fair amount of support. Yeah, I miss my mum.

I am distracting myself by re-organising and categorising my vinyl collection, am conducting experiments to see which pencil works best with my spirographs...listening to loads of music, watching Happy Tree Friends on youtube, learning about Australian legislative procedure by reading the HANSARD documents online, re-filling my pez dispenser far too frequently, I have spying on the cat to figure out what her secret mission is...it seems to have something to do with the bathtub..but everytime I catch her she looks very embarrassed and coy...then she runs upstairs and pretends to be interested in something else. Anytime a telemarketer calls I see how long I can keep them on the line without buying anything, I've been playing Frogger on facebook but all the colour and shiny bits that beep get me too excited....I'm too accustomed to academic texts which do not move, are not colourful and do not beep. I've been reading an article by Steve Nimis on the academic practice of footnoting - it's quite funny. So that's about it. Thanks for asking mr. Flipper.

What about you Mr Flipper? How's life treating you?

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

What's up flipper! My move is complete to Jacksonville... both pros and cons. I have a new life in front of me and I'm happy my opportunities are expanding. I know nobody here though, so part of me yearns for friends to experience life with. I'm opening up more and more on this board - someone could probably read my posts and figure out who i was if they knew me easily enough. I find I don't worry about it much anymore. Either people will accept me for who I am - which is a great person regardless of religous denominational affiliation - or they won't. I'm happy with who I am becoming.

Just thought I'd share..hope all is well with you.

Morph

• flipper
    flipper

FREQUENT FADER MILES- Hey those were sure some hot beautiful darlings on the Krispy Kreem calendar. Hey, some guys like more to love ! Different strokes for different folks !

COCO- Glad to hear you are well friend ! I will definitely post on your " Homemaker thread ". Thanks for giving me the heads up.

MEGS- Yes, I do believe that calendar would act as a deterrent to gaining weight, definitely

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit