Let's Talk About Anything ! I can take it ! How is Your Life Going ?

by flipper 120 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

My life is going ok. I'm still trying to make a life though, basically starting from scratch. It's scary.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Flipper -

Serenity now,

It is scary - but exciting too, no? The world is now your oyster and you're going to do fine, love. A few years from now you're going to look back and be so thankful. I hope you are making real friends out there in the world, love. That's important right now.

You're going to do fine.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Oh shamus I didn't know you cared!

It is exciting, but I still feel like a stranger in a strange land though. I'm thankful already, I'm free of it all. Once I knew that there was no god reading my thoughts (because they were usually not good, i.e. sexual, leading to repetitive prayers for forgiveness) anxiety just melted away. I didn't know my mind could be so calm.

• shamus100
    shamus100

It gets much better, love. If you're not too old your whole life is ahead of you - and if you're not, at least you have quite a few years to go without feeling the guilt that's imaginary.

We've all been there, done that - that's what this place is for. That and ripping faces off...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Awww, serenity.

You are an intelligent, articulate woman. You're gonna be just fine.

And Ya, signing those papers was not me at my most smartest. My lawyer gave me a tongue-lashing!! But the gods were on my side, anyways!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Hi Flipper, yes, I'm starting from scratch too. Or maybe I haven't even started yet. Fading is going too slow. My father passed away a month ago. So, I'm dealing with that. And I'm still trying to fade out. And it's getting me down a bit. Every meeting I attend, every other comment is, Faithful Slave, this or Faithful slave that. I never noticed this before. Whatever happened to Jehovah and Jesus.

Anyway, I'm do for shepherding visit too, and just not up for that. But, if I refuse, it may put me on the radar. Or I could tell them it isn't a good time for me or I'm going out of town.

But, I'm looking forward to not going to the convention this year. The last couple of years it seemed to me to be one big info-mercial.

I guess tonight, I'm a bit down. But, tomorrow is another day.

Hope all is well with you and Mrs. Flipper.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

My condolences Empty inside. It will get better. Try to surround yourself with good encouraging people who will help you deal with your grief. As far as the sheparding call, let them know that because of your recent loss and depression you are just not up to it, but you really appreciate the gesture. When my grandmother died I went into a really deep depression, the brothers called my house several times, usually I just didn't pick up. I've found when you do speak with them to sound very depressed, they'll tell you to pray more and leave you alone. JWs do not deal well with depression.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

(((( Empty ))))

Shamus is right, it does get much better.

Please vent here when you need to, dear one.

• shamus100
    shamus100

JW's don't deal well with depression because they don't treat their depression - they just medicate.

It takes courage to change your life for the better after being in a cult.

• flipper
    flipper

SERENITYNOW- I'm glad you are enjoying your freedom. It is scary at first- but the best way to live without JW cult mind control. We can actually choose our own direction instead of the WT society choosing it for us ! You will do fine. Keep positive.

SHAMUS- Are you angry over anything in particular ? Or just have those pesky Monkey mites in your armpits again ? Damn those critters.

EMPTYINSIDE- Hey my friend, I know how you feel. Been down myself as well at times. I'm so sorry about the loss of your father. Do you have some family around you to give you support right now ? It can be hard by yourself. Please know you have some really cool JWNer friends here who will be here for you. I'll PM you my wife and my phone number- perhaps we could talk sometime if you are up to it. The JW's are being indoctrinated by one big infomercial for sure, as the WT society is grasping for straws with this " overlapping generation " theory. My wife and I are doing well, thanks for asking. Hope to talk soon . Hang in there friend

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit