Yet another new guy...

by tresdecu 48 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Thanks for the warm welcome! Not sure how often I will be able to post, but I will be around. I will work at fighting the cognitive dissonance, that may tend to kick in every now and then ...what helps with that anyway, besides a shot of vodka and jwd? :-) ahhh life is full of fun surprises!

On another note...here's an amusing anecdote. My good friend, a fully plugged in Elder encouraged me as an MS to sign up for the regional bldg comitee...why? : "because they are training us for the clean-up work after armageddon" - how does one keep a straight face after that?

haha

have a good night!

Tresdecu

• yknot
    yknot

Continuing the ....

Looking forward to your return and future comments....

To make it easier I suggest you start with......"I really appreciated how the ....." LOL

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

nice to meet you! I felt like a space alien for a few years after I got out of the org. It goes away. Exploring the previously forbidden world can be a lot of fun.

• iamthewolf5562
    iamthewolf5562

yyeah fellow new guy!

Just be patient, do whats right for you.

I may or may not have the experience you have, as far as what you've been through and seen. But, I can say...keep the chin up, and don't get angry.

It's one thing to make the same mistake twice, another thing to make it all of your life.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Welcome to the board!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

What is hard is if you still have family in.

I was an elder for years, had parts on assemblies, served in India for a while and had a model family. But then it all fell apart overnight.

However, my wife still attends and is a very faithful and loyal Witness. I have always respected the beliefs of others, even when I was active so i am not going to pressurize her. It is hard sometime when you personally would like to move on, I have different views now but I don't want to anything that would get me disfellowshipped, even 5 years down the line from giving up attending.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Hope4others

• sacolton
    sacolton

Wow! Clean-up work after the Big A? Should be insightful ... maybe they'll teach you how the JWs are supposed to remove landfills and toxic waste dumps? How to tear down a skyscraper safely? Where to put all this junk?

Take notes.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Welcome tresdecu. You will find support and understanding here.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Welcome to the board! You will run the gammit of emotions in the months to come, from anger to pain to just feeling completely gipped on your life so far...and back again. This is a great place to learn, to vent and to grow. ((Hugs))

Sweetstuff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit