Will Jesus EVER return?

by Fisherman 71 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

For thousands of years the Christian hope has been the return of Jesus. The NT unambiguiously teaches the return of Jesus. Will Jesus ever return in a manner percivable to the senses?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Nope.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

He already did, and Satan kicked his butt again.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Well, unfortunately, I think he will return.

• free2beme
    free2beme

He would ...

A. Have to be real and not a proven myth, with several examples of borrowing other tales of the land.

B. Have actually returned or lived in the first place.

I tell you this, in two thousand more years, if religion even exist anymore. Those few diehards will be saying "His return is coming soon" with the same foolish faith, as is being done today.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

If you were a Jew you would be asking if Jesus will ever came (for the first time).

Another question is was even a historical person Jesus

If Jesus was a historical person, was he the Son of God and resurrected?

If the above questions cannot be established then your question is not really valid.

What makes me doubt Jesus will ever return is that Jesus gave the impression he would return in the lifetime of the Apostles. (John 21:22-23) . . .Jesus said to him: "If it is my will for him to remain until I come, of what concern is that to you? You continue following me." 23 In consequence, this saying went out among the brothers, that that disciple would not die. However, Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but: "If it is my will for him to remain until I come, of what concern is that to you?"

This passage is claimed to be written when John was 100, so he is justifying the failure of a statement by Jesus that was misleading about the timing of his return. Would Jesus really have tried to give the impression his first century followers could still be alive on his return when he knew it would be at least 2000 years in the future?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe He will return in a manner perceivable to all, per Revelation 1:7.

It is my hope - and that of billions - to see Him in all His glory.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Revelation 1:7 from The Message Bible:

Riding the clouds, he'll be seen by every eye,
    those who mocked and killed him will see him,
    People from all nations and all times
    will tear their clothes in lament.
    Oh, Yes.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I believe he will return, I don't know when, nobody does, therefore I live my life in expectation of his coming, but I don't do foolish things in anticipation of an unknown arrival.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Riding the clouds, he'll be seen by every eye,
    those who mocked and killed him will see him, People from all nations and all times
    will tear their clothes in lament.
    Oh, Yes.

This news bulletin just in: They are all long dead.

I'm still waiting for Santa to be real, if I believe it enough it will be so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit