American Politics...leave it to the Americans

by Who are you? 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73

America Jr? Kidding. That was Homer Simpson. Not me.

• Simon
    Simon

Choosing to invade Nazi occupied Europe when we were never attacked or in imminent threat of attack from them, and when the Nazis wanted alliance with us, was a NeoConservative theory.

Our interests were a free and democratic Europe. So we did it. I'm astonished nobody sees any parallel here with Iraq. A European claiming the United States is bad for invading Iraq is simultaneously rejecting the entire concept of America entering WWII. If you don't like American action in WWII, more power to you, I'm not impressed with the results either. The theory that you'll gain allies by defending freedom is proving to be a very Polly-Anna mindset. You need to account for foreign people being kinda slimy in their political attitudes.

BULL SHIT .. I wondered when the "we saved you in WWII" was going to arive ...

You joined the war when you were attacked and ONLY then after allowing us to fight alone about Nazi Germany. Sorry, but your hollywood education may impress the locals but not people who have read the odd book. John Wayne didn't really run about with bullets bouncing off him y'know.

Your interest was to make money. We paid you for the war so don't imagine you are high and mighty or did it for any more noble cause than self interest (protection and financial).

We owe the communist Russsians far more as they were the ones that gave up most in the fight.

To try and compare what you have done in Iraq with WWII is just sick.

Did you know why the Americans had a separate beach to land on in the Normandy invasion? Because they were a danger to themselves and others and no one should have to risk fighting that close to them.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Simon,

Well at least you understood what Bring The Light was writing. My main language is English so I did not.

HS

• fifi40
    fifi40

Why has every thread turned into an attack on HS?

'Who are you' started the verbal attacks on HS on a previous thread and then restarted it here...............if he has met more than his match well that is not even unfortunate.

Then every little worm seems to crawl out of the woodwork to jump on some kind of repressed peoples band wagon and start throwing in their ten penneth.

Did I miss something..........does he have horns and 666 tattoed on his forehead..........yes he gives as good as he gets.......probably even better than most...........but most of the time if you read what he is saying it is usually pretty much spot on and not directed at any one indiviual.

Just dont get into some school ground slanging match with him cus usually he is quicker and funnier than most.

• Simon
    Simon

BTW: Last time you tried it on with Canada we kicked your butt and burnt your whitehouse down so just think on ...

• fifi40
    fifi40

HS that is the English version (slightly reserved and mildly eccentric, with a short look down the nose at all things USA) of giving you a cuddle

• Priest73
    Priest73

I work with a guy from Newfoundland who calls us (Americans) Blood Thirsty Conquer Monkeys.
    I thought that was hysterical.

I prefer to think of myself as a Poo Flinging Monkey. Doesn't call any real damage. Just stinks up the joint a bit.

• Simon
    Simon

A truly Canadian Apology to the USA, courtesy of Rick Mercer from This Hour Has 22 Minutes, CBC Television -- I had to post it:

Hello. I'm Anthony St. George on location here in Washington.

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry. I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron, but it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all, it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you, doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own. It would be like if, well, say you had ten times the television audeince we did and you flood our market with great shows, cheaper than we could produce. I know you'd never do that.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defence I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours. As word of apology, please accept all of our NHL teams which, one by one, are going out of business and moving to your fine country.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you want to have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

I'm sorry we burnt down your White House during the War of 1812. I see you've rebuilt it! It's very nice.

I'm sorry for Alan Thicke, Shania Twain, Celine Dion, Loverboy, that song from Seriff that ends with a really high-pitched long note. Your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer, but we feel your pain.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this. Because we've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

For 22 minutes, I'm Anthony St. George, and I'm sorry.

• Simon
    Simon
    I work with a guy from Newfoundland who calls us (Americans) Blood Thirsty Conquer Monkeys.
    I thought that was hysterical.

LOL

And of course the French are known as 'Surrender Monkeys'

• dinah
    dinah

I had no idea the Canadians burned the White House. And got away with it?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit