American Politics...leave it to the Americans

by Who are you? 91 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Wow, the one thing I find disheartening here, is that some are talking about millions of individual human beings as though they can be summed up and neatly categorized by their address. I assume that there is as much diversity of thought, values, interests, heart conditions, education etc. etc. in one country as there is in the next.

• godadist
    godadist

Where in the US did you visit llbh?

• undercover
    undercover

When I first tasted freedom from WT think and speak, I got caught up in politics somewhat. It was interesting to me, as a newbie political observer just how stupid and naive some people were when it came to politics.

After a while I grew disenchanted with the whole process and have come full circle...I just don't care anymore. All politicians who get to the point of running for president or other high offices of the land have already sold their soul, sacrificed their principles and lied to the masses. I don't want these phonies speaking for me so I'm not gonna vote for them.

What is really scary is that people buy the bullshit that both main parties spew. They buy it hook, line and sinker. I'm becoming of the opinion that maybe not all people should be allowed to vote. Maybe you have to pass some kind of intelligience test or something before you're allowed to have a say at who becomes leader. So as long as any ole ignorant dolt can cast a vote, I'm abstaining.

And for those who say, "if you don't vote, you can't complain..." Oh yes I can. I have freedom of speech, such as it is...I can bitch all I want. In fact, I have more room to bitch than those that did vote...because they're partly responsible for putting some asshole in office, not me.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Trevor,

Everyone is at a different stage of development. Has it occurred to you to use, what you consider to be, your superior intellect to help people rather than trounce them.

Being a straight sort of person both in my online personna and real life, I have a simple methodology for dealing with issues online.

If a person first attacks what they perceive to be my online personna and not my posts, they better be prepared to be dealt with in a similar manner, as Who Are You has found out. I never take disagreements from one thread to the other, treating all contributions on their own merit. Who Are You? was proved to be a liar and hypocrite on another thread recently, and his viewpoints did not withstand the scrutiny of critical thought, due I believe to his careless reading of other posters contributions. He is obviously a 'little' person as he carried the fallout from his bitter defeat into this thread by attempting, lamely I might add, to insult me in his opening post He must learn to take responsibility for his words.

I find your posts very entertaining but feel a certain empathy for those who are under your hammer. You know you have the ability to shine on this board without crushing those who try to join in the fun.

Then Trevor, you need to ask yourself why I do not choose to 'crush' everybody on this Board. It has all to do with response, not attack. I take responsibility for my words, others must learn to do this too. This is not very 'cuddly' I know, but it is that path that leads to intellectual maturity, a road less travelled for Who Are You at this stage.

If he posts like a dumbass bonehead, then he can expect himself to be called out for it, as have most posters on this thread.

HS

• llbh
    llbh
    Where in the US did you visit llbh?

New York i loved it and i amgoing to visit again this year, and the south - briefly BTW we used to have alot of UD bases here David

• godadist
    godadist

Nice llbh. You should come to Florida, we get lots of British in the summer. Me I do not like New York too much. I don't like city, and I find people rude there (no offense to New Yorkers but the rudeness is legendary). What is funny is that more than half of my coworkers are from that part of the country.

• llbh
    llbh
    don't like city, and I find people rude there

godalist

I found New Yorkers very helpful, and yes direct , i don't mind that though

I was thinkimg of Florida , but don't you have crocodiles there?

David

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light
    Simon (the neo-fascist Canadian- First Reich hypocrite) Said: No one is asking Americans to 'apologize for being American' or any such nonsense. People were simply asked not to paste the propaganda that was starting to appear regularly.

Only certain Americans would take this as some kind of attack on their entire country ...

How America is viewed is a whole different issue. You'll find that America's influence in the world is waning as power ebbs away and the dollar slides. One day, you'll probably wake up to a harsh new reality and possibly wish you'd had a slightly different foreign policy that made more friends and fewer enemies. Don't assume that your allies are your friends ... the level of dislike in England for instance is pretty high outside of the current political classes.

While American politics does have an impact on the rest of the word though we are free to say whatever we like about you and the idiots you elect. But hey, at least we don't follow your lead and have those we don't like assassinated do we?

Yep, I agree Simon. Americans should keep their political perspectives off of JWD. Has no place here....... wow. If you hate me for wanting to support freedom in Iraq, be assured I have no illusions about whether you are a friend or not. (my decision, not yours). When your lease to have your little country on our continent comes up for renewal, don't be surprised if we seek multiple bids. I have, currently do, and will continue to support the defense of human liberty, I have not asked your permission, nor will I. Bring_the_Light

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving
    The rest of the world's opinion is not what drives America's policy decisions. This is the way it has been since the time HS was in diapers, this is how it will be long after he dons his first Depends.

bingo - i think you've hit the nail on the head. Are you saying America is still asleep?

I visited Florida - beautiful place, very very nice people - they deserve better

• godadist
    godadist

Crocodiles? It depends on where you go. Our beaches here are crocodile free. We have only 100 or so saltwater crocodiles left in the wild, and the majority live in Everglades National Park, which is not the kind of place you will usually go swimming unless your name is Steve Irwin! We have millions of Alligators (a crocodilian), but they are freshwater creatures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit