Tossed out of the District Convention! What did I do wrong? I exist!!

by Terry 122 Replies latest jw friends

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway
    Also to be a bit more objective, they don’t really know why you are there, they don’t know if you are going to make a scene and upset the people that are there to umm worship, so they did the most logical thing they could, they asked you to leave so they could avoid other people who in all honesty did have a right to be there from being upset or witnessing something unpleasant.

I believe he said "Hi".Which I admit is pretty threatening , but still, you'd think such a loving and tolerant organization would be willing to give the benefit of the doubt.As for their "logical" preemptive strike...why not just disfellowship all Witnesses before they do something wrong.That way no one will be threatened.Kind of "Minority Report" Witness style.Additionally,he also had the "right" to be there.And just who was it in this scene that made a decision to upset someone or become unpleasant ? I'm not trying to be hard on you here but let's not make irrational excuses for the heavy-handed tactics of the org.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel
    a number of us came out of the same kh many years ago

Oh really? How many left and all at the same time? Who what where when how ?

• horrible life
    horrible life

You should have winked at them, and said in a low voice, that you don't know what she said to them, but she was a good lay, and she is just upset that you dumped her for another married sister, that was much better looking, and much better in bed . "You know what I mean, don't you brothers?"

• Quentin
    Quentin
    Oh really? How many left and all at the same time? Who what where when how ?

Blowin in the wind....

Heh, heh, heh....Ah me, a number of us went to the same kh...To tell the truth I don't know if that kh still exists...would be surprised if it did...Polytechnic congergation of jehovah's witnesses, Ft. Worth, Texas...anybody know?...

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

HOLY CRAP, JamieBowers, I think I saw this guy get thrown out, the MatthiasChurch guy!!!

He was at the San Diego convention. I'm not sure if it was him--looked a lot like him though! I remember seeing a guy being followed out by two attendants, carrying his cooler. This guy was in shorts and flip-flops, as described.

I'm gonna message him to see if it really happened.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Right. I made my "error" by mouthing the greeting to my arch Nemesis who had freaked in response.

I don't believe that...I reckon her nose was out of joint as you'd 'got the better' of her previously. I reckon she'd have taken the same action whether or not you'd spoken to her.

• Terry
    Terry

With that in mind please stop beating on yourself over people who are misguided, controlled and beyond being reached at this moment.

You are (censored) so just get on with being the big, loud, lovely, opinionated guy who makes some sit up and think........(though not always agree)

It probably just sounds like I'm beating myself up.

I go through "spells" where I appraise my life. I can't find a way to plug the huge, gaping hole that was JW-dom.

Those people...I really loved them. It just shocks me over and over again that they don't really love anybody.

They form no real attachments. Astonishes me.

Even at my most zealous I never snubbed anybody--not even so-called Evil slaves.

I never saw anything to fear in talking with somebody about their ideas.

• fifi40
    fifi40

Terry

I get the gaping hole bit................mine is not so much a gaping hole as a hole............I had jwism from birth and when it is gone it is hard to know what you fill that with.

People are people........I bet there are jws that loved you genuinely and still do, but there indoctrination prevents them from being true, fully functioning human beings..........they must be confused puddle ducks.

Terry maybe you can relate to this.......I dont know.

My mum left when I was 12. I saw her about once every 2 months for a couple of hour visits. My dad could be a very difficult man at times. Sometimes I struggle with my need to be loved by those who are difficult or withdrawn from me. I could probably explain that better but I know you will understand what it is I am saying about myself.......I can be drawn to those who in ways reject me because it feels familiar..........well thats what I think it is anyway. As I have become aware of my predisposition and I am at times able to be objective about it and recognise what I am doing. So for me sometimes the hole is not as straightforward as the jws.

Anyway enough of that stuff...........I am not entirely comfortable putting my heart on my sleeve on an international discussion board........but I hope you understand why I am; and what it is I am trying to say.

Hope you realise soon that it is there loss in losing you and get back to usual form..........God forbid

• Terry
    Terry

I would not be surprised if all ex-JW's share some common psychological profile.

We are "needy" in some profound and ridiculous sense. I say ridiculous because a cult cannot feed the need as much as manipulate it.

Whatever our longings or empty center of human craving might entail; those of us who still orbit discussion boards dedicated to JW-ism cannot shake loose and become truly free until we settle the score in some meaninful way.

What that might be is according to who we are and where we are in our personal growth.

I think I'm equal parts mad as hell and hurt. I want to shake these people until they "get it". Ain't gonna happen. I know that.

Still.....I try.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Terry, you're carrying around a huge garbage bag full of shit that doesn't belong to you. The fault is with them. You need to figure out how to give it back to them or discard it.

What worked for me, after my dad committed suicide, was to write a letter. I addressed it to the body of elders whom I blamed for his death BUT I also sent a copy of the letter to every single person in his congregation (I had one of those glorious old address lists, courtesy of my late dad). I didn't want my Formal Greek Curse that I pronounced on their punkin heads to be buried with maybe a polite little "special needs" talk given about bitchy former Witnesses. The letter is somewhere in the "Best of" or you can look up one of my old topics about Dad's suicide from 5 years ago if you want to read it. I'm sure it gave them all something to talk about but I hope it shamed them too. I did get a phone call from one Witness who thanked me for pointing out a problem and she said she was going to work on it. (Everyone ignored my dad even after he was reinstated and he got so depressed that he put a bullet in his brain -- that's the short story.)

You may want to write to Pam about her callousness and send a copy of the letter to her elders and to anyone else in the congregation that you know or know of. www.whitepages.com can help you out with current addresses. Make good points, don't use any bad language or say anything that they can hone in on and say, see, we knew he was like that. Abusive people will pick on any detail to justify themselves.

Once you have sent the letter, consider that your garbage pickup. Leave them to their self-imposed isolationist misery. You've got a lot of living to do!

Hugs,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit