Dogs on the bed yes no?

by restrangled 52 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

Yes. Yet only when a couple of days before the bedding gets washed. Like today, she won't be allowed on, Just washed it all.

She has her own "big blankie" though.

sKally

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

I love my dog but no way is he allowed on the bed or on the furniture. He has full use of the carpets on the floor. He is over 100 lbs and I don't fancy having him crowding us in bed, Plus who wants doggy fur all over your bedding. He is a Lab and blonde and I have a gorgeous Red suede like comforter which would attact blonde doggie hair like crazy.

Now if I had a Maltese like Tara does, YES I would let him on the bed. Anything small and non shedding is ok on the bed for me.

I had a German Shepherd before and he was allowed on the bed and on the furniture because my husband at that time liked dogs on the furniture. I hated it, I was so embarrassed when company came and sat on the couch and when they stood up they were covered in Hair.

alt

Velvet

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I need my space when sleeping to toss and turn....but it's nice in the morning to meet an excited dog, happy to see you.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I had 2 dogs they had there own beds, I didn't want Fleas, Ticks, and Lice on me. I had a dog and a cat, that didn't work. the dog would go out doors

the cat didn't, the dog would bring in fleas and it was hard to get the fleas off the cat. Now I have a indoor 13 year old Cat no Fleas, She sleep at the

end of the bed on her blanket. She don't get on our blenket. We got a male kitten, we are having problems, our Cat won't have anything to do with it.

HELP HELP someone HELP us or we will have to get rid of the kitten.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We don't usually let the hamster run around on the bed because we never know when he will go.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

This is my male Kitten. This is my 13 year old Cat.

altalt

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

My dogs are regularly bathed. "There ain't no bugs on them". I feel very safe and secure with them there. As far as bacteria in their mouths, yes they have a funky kind that you don't want introduced by a bite but humans and cats have worse bacterial bites than dogs. As far as their "kisses" go. Once my ex husband said "do you know where that dogs mouth has been?" I found out later that he was gay so I'm better off with the dog kisses. The dogs are much cleaner, kinder, absolutly non-deceptive, and will defend me to their death, won't steal my identity and take out loans in my name where my work started garnishing my wages until I got a lawyer, unlike my ex. I'll take a dog any day.

And person from Italy, I went to France on vacation and was in the Louvre with groups of Italian vacationers. Their BO was so bad I had to put a kleenex over my mouth and nose. BO is bacteria caused. My dogs smell wonderful. Baby shampoo.

• restrangled
    restrangled

So many pet pampering owners! Glad I am not alone!

If I had it to do over, I would never have allowed them on the bed. When I adpoted them, they were not even allowed in the owner's bedroom. My boys are not allowed on the living room furniture, just the leather couch in the family room which I have covered with a blanket. They both have arthritis problems so I felt sorry for them.

I lost a beautiful comforter set with in 30 days....it was absolutely ruined. So now my bed has a boring old washable blanket and remains un- decorated. Thats ok.....at least we have the bed at night to ourselves.

Thanks for all the responses and great pictures!

r.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Ha! Europeans are stinky! Agreed! :oP

Bring_the_Light

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Belle, my beautiful cat does try take over, sometimes she succeeds. When she does she'll lie in the small of my back while I sleep. Getting out of bed in the morning is another whole story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit