Dogs on the bed yes no?

by restrangled 52 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

This is a lighter topic.

How do you feel about your dogs on the bed? Do you allow it? Forbid it?

My boys are allowed on the bed all day but at night we say "down to the crate" The crate happens to be a very expensive leather couch with many pillows.

They listen to what ever we say, but the human bed seems to be the best place.

I change the sheets every other day.....can't stand the itchy, scrachties!

Tell your story!

• noni1974
    noni1974

I don't have dogs I have cats. They sleep with me in the bed all the time. IT's really there bed and they let me sleep in it sometimes. I sometimes even get enough room.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Just brought a new leather lounge and my dogs know they cant go on...so as soon as I sit down, she's on my lap....she runs into my bed in the morning...but otherwise no. Cuteness lets them get away with stuff.

• *summer*
    *summer*

I don't own a dog.

But I often "dogsit" my son's dog.

And yes, Oscar the weiner dog is allowed on the bed during the day and sleep with us at night:-)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't have dogs. I can't let my bird sleep on the bed with me because I'd crush the poor guy if I turned over.

Not to mention that he'd likely destroy my CPAP machine if I let him near it.

W

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I never allowed my dogs to sleep on my bed. They were quite happy to sleep in their own!

• Tara
    Tara

I have a Maltese who loves being in my bed so I sometimes let him. He's too little to hop on by himself. Trouble is he's very territorial and won't let my boyfriend in the bed.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

The JayDub answer: While some may find it cute or cuddly to sleep with their pets, how should a Christian view such practices? Certainly allowing one's pet on the marriage bed could be a wholesome experience expanding the right relationship with ones pet. However, beware of the dangers of beastiality. Excessive of improper touching, cuddling, heavy petting, or kissing could lead to impure feelings and fornication with the beast. Surely a Christian would not wish to put themselves in a position where sex with an animal could ensue! Surely then, Christians should avoid the practice of sleeping with their pets or anything with an orifice to which they are not spiritually wed. (see also: fuzzy comforters, the spiritual dangers)

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

LOL, that sounds right off a watchtower page.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Hell no! No dogs on the bed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit