Dogs on the bed yes no?

by restrangled 52 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

The dog I grew up with always slept with me. His fur smelled like sunshine.

• Casper
    Casper

I had a Malamute, when I was younger...

He was always bathed with "Prell" shampoo.... God, he smelled good... LOL

cas

• chickpea
    chickpea

as a kid i had a little chihuahua-boston terrier mix who slept in my bed

as an adult, in the family right now we have 2 dogs, each weighing in
    at 70+ pounds.... one sleeps with "her kid" which i do not mind,
    but neither of them is allowed on furniture or MY bed...

i quite agree with aSphere..... i want no confusion as to who is
    the head bitch in this pack, and i aint giving up my crown to
    a dog!!

they actually are relieved to hear "kennel up" at night...
    that is a sure sign the day has ended!

BTW..... they dont get to "hawk" while we are eating
    or preparing food either..... no eyeballing my chow!!!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Your dogs sound well trained. Did they go to obedience school...?

Cas

Not only did they go to obedience school but one was trained by police for personal protection.

When I say crate, they immeditely jump off the bed and go down to a $3000.00 leather couch with pillows, and I tuck them in with blankets like two big babies.....

We are talking very large Dobermans..one is 100 pounds the other 110.....

They are the calmest, best behaved boys you would ever want in your home. They do get up in the middle of the night if they hear racoons, opposums, or frogs in the pool...I can yell "back to the crate and down they go down" with out a sound.

But, should you walk through my front door without me...you are dead, if I introduce you, you are a lovey! They wag their tails and expect kisses and petting. They stay back and don't rush anyone until I tell them its OK.

After breakfast and we have had our coffee, the boys are back in our bed until the next feeding time, expecting snuggles and kisses. Afer that they snore like old men until the next feeding time.

Just wanted to add, they are washed once a week with major soap and conditioner.......they know about bathing, I call them in and they actually lay in the shower.....I have to make them stand to get rinsed..!!!! No dragging or fight at all from either of these fellas.

I don't know if I would ever find dogs like these again.....I love them so much.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

no dogs on my bed...

i'm not that desperate...

yet !

• Casper
    Casper

Wow.... Restrangled...!!!

I'm so envious...

When my JW Hubby died, I went to a Dog training school, that also trained dogs for the State Police, I asked if they had any dogs available for home use...

They did, a doberman, I was to meet with her several times over a few months, getting to know each other and see if we were compatible. The cost was $2500.

I did this for awhile, but sadly the instructor said that he didn't think in an "emergency" situation that I would be strong enough to handle the dog... He suggested I get a Lab... I often wondered, was it me, or was the dog not that well trained...

Anyway, that was the end of that........

Treasure your Boys.... they sound like top of the line...

Cas

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

The question for me would be; Does my Dog allow me to sleep on my bed with her??? I find it almost impossible to sleep if she is not on the bed. Even when my S.O. and I are in the same bed, we have to have her up there too. And when we are in our own separate beds, she moves back and forth from bed to bed so we don't feel left out.

At times it appears that I am her pet. She gets free reign of everything. We can even feed her off of a fork, and she takes it so carefully, that she takes the food without touching the fork. I figure that our animals are part of the family, She is my Baby, so I treat her as such.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Both dogs and cats are social. Dogs have packs, cats have prides. I believe that no one who excludes his animal companions from hs social circle can really understand them, or they him.

It is also hilarious to wake up with a cat staring you in your face trying to figure out if you're still alive.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Dogs are pack animals they commune together you are the Alpha male in their eyes they will gravitate to a central point especially at night they huddle for protection at night it is their natural way...I do not have a dog at this time but if I did they would definately sleep with me...

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm much too clean and sanitary to allow vile vermin to bed with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit