Well, It Didn't Take Long for Obama to Play the Race Card...

by owenfieldreams 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

".Ummm, the last time I checked, there is no such thing. There is no conservative leadership whatsoever in congress or national elected politics, for that matter, right now. "

Of course I don't agree really, but I certainly know where you are coming from and why you feel that way. I can't help but wonder if you would have made that same statement 8 years ago?

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

"BO is like most liberals--they think most of us are still neanderthals that cannot think for ourselves and beyond our own race."

Yup, as a political transformative (what you neanderthals call liberal) I couldn't have put my opinion of Repugnantcans better. Thanks for admitting your ignorance. It's such a bother to keep coming up with new ways to say: "stupid white trash hick war-monger tobacco-chewin' rich-dick-lickin' truck drivin' cap wearin' homophobic immigrant hatin' afraid of changin' myth blievin' invisible man worshippin' church goin' gas guzzlin' fear mongerin' abortion clinic bombin' 100 years behind the curve conservative (the worst word on this list) civil rights opposin' racist marijuana-phobic (just thought of that one, I like it!) bible believin' Bush electin' Bush electin' (2x) easy to brainwash easy to talk into war easy to lie to easy to sway in the polls trusts the media insanely trusting of the president if he is also a Regurgican not willing to give up white power deathly afraid of a black president is still interested in what rich middle-aged white men have to say Bill O'Reilly watchin' Rush Limbaugh listenin' Focus On The Family buying into old ways old ways old ways old values short on facts short on facts still thinks the bible is for everyone, even Buddhists, hindus and Muslims lest we have to kill them die if you don't believe in Jesus hellfire believin' multi-cultural fearin' gay marriage opposin' Corporations rule! and desreve all the breaks that people don't get unless you are a rich then person ou have reached the level of deity and don't have to pay the same percentage of taxes that ordinary hardworking blue collar Americans have to pay CEOs especially deserve billion dollar bonuses because they are just that good at what they do and connections nepotism sheer luck have nothing to do with it those CEOs are just so damn talented and so hardworking they deserve to live better lives and make that much more than everybody else... Republican." (Oh yeah, and I usually like the word 'vile" to acompany any description of the Reptilicans I have to offer.) Oh well, I guess you have to end the insults somewhere! After all, the vocabulary of a typical Redstatican is at the third grade level, the age they have to quit school to work in the coal mines or patrol the border as a member of the Minutemen as the case may be. If they are rich republicans they have to attend the "How to cheat thousands of middle-class workers out of their pensions and not be lynched for it Seminar." Also, the "Profits before People Seminar." Other Seminars Republican children must attend:
    "The Rich get richer because they deserve it Seminar."
    "Jesus Camp for Suckers Seminar."
    "White is Right Seminar."
    "God put America in Charge Seminar."
    "God put America in charge but he is aso mad at America over Abortion Seminar."
    "God hates Muslims Seminar."
    'God hates atheists Seminar."
    "God hates a lot of stuff Seminar."
    "Stop Bringing Up Race, it makes me uncomfortable Seminar."
    'Race is only an issue when you are not white Seminar."

Go "O!"

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Shawn,

Glad you got all that out of your system. Sure you're not" McJoan" on Daily Kos....? LOL.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Six,

Yes I would have. Bush is a REPUBLICAN first, not a conservative. He's done some good things, like on judicial appointments and tax policy, but outside of that, history will show that his administration was anything but conservative.

• moshe
    moshe

Race has always been a factor for Blacks, seeing as how finding a Black who will admit to not supporting Obama is as likely as seeing a UFO. Like him or not, his race will vote for him in droves. He was raised by a white mother, so he thinks like a white person and talks like one.

I think that is why some Blacks don't connect with him well,

but they will vote for him anyway.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Moshe,

Unfortunately, you're right. Obama will easily get 90+% of the black vote. But then again--what democrat wouldn't?

• Fadeout
    Fadeout
    Gopher: Did Obama "play" the race card, or did he merely say that the Republicans would?

Of course that's playing the race card.

Accuse someone of a race-related offense, and the label sticks. More beautifully, the accuser walks away scot-free, and moreover, can usually count on thousands of screaming zealots for immediate support.

It's the same basic theory behind accusing someone of hate. Why do you have such a hateful attitude? Why are you being a hater?

It's a smear absolutely free of consequences for the accuser. The bigot, the hater-- these our the modern day witches, and the desire to root them out and destroy them makes us forget that accusing someone of these things is a serious charge that brings responsibility on the part of the accuser.

The economics of mob mentality. House prices, corn prices, oil prices, they change with the seasons, with the trends. Buy low, sell high. Fifty years ago it was communism. It was a cheap smear. Today it's "insensitivity" in any of its forms. Most effective bang for your buck. I am rubber, you are glue.

Sure, it's the low road, but if you believe Obama-- or any valid presidential candidate-- is a different kind of politician who would not take the low road, you probably... well, I don't want to be needlessly insulting to you haters, so I'll leave it at that.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Fadeout -- your analogy would work with me if the Republicans hadn't regularly engaged in playing the race card before.

Obama is only human, and he can see what's likely coming because of how the opposing party has operated in the past. Personally, I think he could have waited until such a race-based statement or accusation was made, and he would have done better.

He seemed to be trying to neutralize the attack before it came, unlike earlier Democratic nominees who waited until they got swift-boated or WIllie Hortoned or whatever, and had to react to a hugely unfair attack.

You may think Obama was coming out in attack mode and took a "low road" here. I say he just jumped the gun. If the Repubs had rarely or never used such tactics before, then I'd agree with you that Obama would have been on the "low road" here by making a totally baseless accusation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit