Well, It Didn't Take Long for Obama to Play the Race Card...

by owenfieldreams 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avishai
    avishai

Man, I don't like obama as a candidate. Not at all. But I don't think he's pulling the race card with those comments.Those comments are pretty damn honest. now they just need to be focused on his own party as well.

• oompa
    oompa

I have a really really kickass opinion I would like to post here.....but I am afraid it may be considered PROPAGANDA.....so where can I post it? Can we have like double-blind secret linked other site we can post on so that others on JWD can find it?..................oompa

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

Hi Avishai....long time....It does not matter whether Obama wins or loses,,, He is a member of the Council of Foreign Relations, and will carry out the agenda as such... The world as we know it is in for some serious change the like of which we haven't seen since the Boston Tea Party.Believe me, it pangs me to put it that way.but The American people have been lulled to sleep...We live in an era of disengagement. face it....how many people do you know would go to JAil FOR THEIR BELIEFS.... IN THIS "fREE cOUNTRY"?

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

Wait a minute oompa........yer worried about propaganda on an internet sight???? no one takes this shit seriously......though they should....

• Quentin
    Quentin

Oompa, post away.....there'll be some dim bulbs that wont get it.....

• oompa
    oompa

To answer Gophers first question:

Did Obama "play" the race card, or did he merely say that the Republicans would?

He actually said........."We know the strategey because they have already shown their cards." Man I hate politicians and lawyers. So Republicans have not yet played their cards...but shown them...making them of course usless and unplayable in any card game! But did he say how or where they showed them??? Heck no.....cause he made this up! And also...to I believe another of Gophers points.....As much as I think Bush is an idiot in sooo many ways...am I mistaken or is it not a fact that Bush has has the most racially diverse cabinet and high posts than any president in history??..........oompa

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

"We know what kind of campaign they're going to run. They're going to try to make you afraid.

"They're going to try to make you afraid of me. He's young and inexperienced and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black?"

In these political times where all-out tactical savagery is the name of the game in Washington (thanks Karl), I wouldn't be surprised by anything and I don't think the above is so far off the mark. Anything coming directly from the McCain campaign itself that plays the race angle will have to be very subtle, but for the rest of the right-wing hate machine, it's already on, as demonstrated by the Republican News Network's Baby Mama banner, a depressing new low for them.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Bush has has the most racially diverse cabinet

Don't you read progressive blogs? Everyone knows that the people of color associated with Bush are traitors and sellouts.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    .....As much as I think Bush is an idiot in sooo many ways...am I mistaken or is it not a fact that Bush has has the most racially diverse cabinet and high posts than any president in history?

Well that's good as far as it goes. But I was referring to electoral politics, where candidates are open to more public scrutiny. I'm talking about the highest positions in the land -- President and Vice President. This is where the American public needs to get over the hurdle and seriously consider candidates, not disqualifying minorities. It looks like the American public in general will not use race as a factor in judging Obama. I just wonder if he's right, and we'll see subtle race-based advertising sponsored by the "527" groups that will insinuate that Obama is out of touch based on his background, rather than judging him by his actual activities and platform.

• beksbks
    beksbks

As far as Bush's cabinet being diverse, that doesn't make the Repubs any less likely to USE race as a tactic. They have already been doing it. Oompa and others, do you not live in America?? Are you really going to tell me you haven't already seen this mans name linked up with all kinds of racist nonsense? If I didn't delete them as soon as I got them, I could show you my email inbox full of emails from Republicans spouting just exactly the things he mentioned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit