Well, It Didn't Take Long for Obama to Play the Race Card...

by owenfieldreams 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Tell me what she has done in her service for the American people that is exemplary; something that shows she has good executive instinct. Hell, Dick Cheney is "smart". Don Rumsfeld is "smart". Scooter Libby, David Addington, and Karl Rove are all quite smart. Richard Clarke however, is both smart, and right. Too bad Condi "I don't think anyone could have anticipated they would use airplanes" Rice wasn't more like Richard Clarke, eh?

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

sixofnine,

you're certainly entitled to your opinion of Ms. Rice--it is shared by a lot of people, and certainly the overwhelming majority on this board. Like everyone, she has certainly made mistakes. I happen to agree with you that Richard Clarke was sounding warning bells that were not heeded by the Bush administration. That being said, I hardly think you can lay the blame of the entire 9/11 disaster solely at her feet, which I assume you are not trying to make the argument for. No one saw that coming in the detail that it did come to pass, not even Dick Clarke

Getting back on topic, Im curious, Six, why exactly do you think Obama said what he said last friday?

• Manny Trillo
    Manny Trillo

Owen,

You need to read "Against All Enemies" or hell read the 9/11 Commision Report. "Bin Laden Determined To Strike Within The U.S." was never given top-level attention, which at the time was the responsibility of the National Security Advisor, Condi Rice. A person chosen because of her knowledge of Russian political history and philosophy, how'd that work out?

No, she or W are not responsible for the attack but they are responsible for not addressing the (real) threat. An actual attack eventuating would have been a 'could've been' if they had even given it a fraction of the attention that every whisper or rumor of nefarious shadow-play is given these days. Ironic huh?

Remember too, to question conservatism doesn't necessarily mean these days that the questioner is liberal. The Party is doing quite a good job right now imploding and it's not because of liberals.

• godadist
    godadist
    Tell me what she has done in her service for the American people that is exemplary; something that shows she has good executive instinct.

I wonder if the same could be demonstrated regarding that neophyte Obama?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"I wonder if the same could be demonstrated regarding that neophyte Obama?"

Well, just for one example, he showed impeccable judgment regarding the Iraq war, and did so at a time when it was not popular with the American people to do so, at the same time he was running for office.

And there are many other impressive examples (pulling off one of the biggest upsets in American political history, for one), but that is undoubtedly one of the most important.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Godadist,

I brought that point up earlier--he has no noteworthy accomplishments and has basically done nothing but tow the 'party line' for the dems in the senate. Whooaaa--that takes some guts...Lol

MT,

I think we've driven this Condi Rice thing into the ground. Similar accusations regarding competency could be leveled against Madeleine Albright or Colin Powell.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I don't have time to delve into Ms Rice further, but suffice it to say, yes, she's made mistakes. The question is what has she done right? I don't see anything in that column, so I think it shows just exactly where people are coming from when they toss her out as "VP material". Also, what Manny Trillo said.

Quote:

Getting back on topic, Im curious, Six, why exactly do you think Obama said what he said last friday?

Here are his words exactly:

"It is going to be very difficult for Republicans to run on their stewardship of the economy or their outstanding foreign policy," Obama told a fundraiser in Jacksonville, Florida. "We know what kind of campaign they're going to run. They're going to try to make you afraid. "They're going to try to make you afraid of me. He's young and inexperienced and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black?" He said he was also set for Republicans to say "he's got a feisty wife," in trying to attack his wife Michelle. "We know the strategy because they've already shown their cards. "

It seems pretty self-explanatory to me. Hell, Rove used racism against McCain fergodsake. And Rove is consulting with the McCain campaign already, whether paid or unpaid. Besides that, the entire conservative side of the aisle is frickin' famous for using fear. They couldn't NOT use fear if they tried, it's truly part of the ideology.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Six...Nice thoughts, but one very obvious misstatement on your part--"the entire conservative side of the aisle"....Ummm, the last time I checked, there is no such thing. There is no conservative leadership whatsoever in congress or national elected politics, for that matter, right now. I, for one, think we need an Obama presidency to take this country drastically leftward for that to happen. And it will.

• godadist
    godadist
    I, for one, think we need an Obama presidency to take this country drastically leftward for that to happen. And it will.

No Reagan without Carter.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Godadist,

Precisely my point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit