Please Support this Poor Woman

by jamiebowers 48 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome Az2008!!! What an awesome development that we now have you here.

You will find healing here. Believe it... everything DOES get better.

Love,
    Baba.

• observador
    observador

Hi Az.

Just want to chime in here and say that you're such a special person.

Hang in there. With your video, you're helping the world to see what this religion is all about.

I wish I could say something to make you feel better. I guess I can't. I can just imagine your pain.

• Namaste
    Namaste

AZ Welcome! I too watched your video last night and cried along with you. It is amazing how long the pain of living a life in this religion lasts.

Even though my post count is low, I visit here almost everyday so my best advice is to click on the "active topics" at the options menu near the top of the page. Be warned, some days it can be very active and you'll find several pages of posts from the day.

Lots of people have information about their exit in their profiles which can give you a framework as to where they are coming from and their experience.

Take your time, there is a lot to take in here but along with that there is an amazing amount of information, support and really cool people that hang out here :)

• flipper
    flipper

AZ20081575- Welcome to the JWD board my friend ! I too have been through shunning by family members - so I totally understand what you are saying. Please be assured of our unconditional love here and that we are so happy you joined us here on JWD ! We look forward to more posts from you to let us know how you are doing ! My wife and I welcome you with open arms ! Feel free to talk anytime ! I'll PM you my wife and my phone number ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

And a great shout out to JAMIE BOWERS for posting this story so we can help AZ ! Peace out !

• sacolton
    sacolton

YAY!!! You made it!

You'll find all the support you need right here on this forum. The topics range from serious to silly, so don't be put off by that. You will also notice alot of the members are going through different stages of recovery. Some just need to vent. Others need comfort.

You are amongst friends.

The next step would be for you to tell us your story. So far we know that you were bullied into being DA'd at 14 when you actually just wanted to be inactive. I hope that your mom will come to her senses and salvage the mother/daughter relationship. I know it's hard.

So ... make yourself at home. We are here for you ... and very happy to have you here.

I hear a lot about ex jws that had to write a letter to the 'elders' what letter are they talking about?

That would be the "Letter of Disassociation". I sent one saying that I no longer wanted to be a JW after I researched the history of the organization and found all the false prophecies and lies within the organization. The letter is only needed for those who wish to sever all ties with the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society (WTBTS) with no worries of any backlash from family members. The letter is not enforced - even if the elders demand one. Although, like in your case, if the elders have enough proof that you are not with the organization 100% or even hint that you might have apostate thinking - they will just disassociate you for being apostate. Nice loving role models, aren't they?

In your case, I have never heard of elders trying to force a confession that someone is renouncing Jesus Christ. That's just insane! They have no right to do that.

- sacolton

• momzcrazy
  • Velvetann
    Velvetann

Hi AZ so happy you found us. I saw your video and it brought tears to my eyes knowing what you are going through, having been there myself.

All the best from velvetann

• wednesday
    wednesday

That video ought to be in a sticky on this forum. It would be a wonderful thing for people to see that were investigating jws, perhaps considering studying. If only people could see this before they get involved.

• sacolton
    sacolton

It's shocking how unemotional and rude the JWs can be posting on her YouTube video. Proof that unconditional love does not exist in their religion. It's sickening!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Watching the youtube videos of exJW's really helped me leave. I am glad they think far enough ahead to share their experiences.

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit