• avishai
    avishai

I'll post on there..

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Thanks you guys! I hope she posts here.

• Casper
    Casper

Goodness, that was hard for me to watch, made me cry right along with her.....

So sad...

Cas

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Could've cried, too. Posted there - maybe we'll see her here soon.

• free2think
    free2think

So sad, i hope she does come here.

• yknot
    yknot

Posted.

I sure hope she does join.

Sounds like she tried to make amends with local Elders but wasn't prepared (or knew the game).

• az20081575
    az20081575

I made it, folks! I had no idea I was being supported and talked about. Thanks to all of you who sent me email along with your positive and kind thoughts. I wish I could move on and let it go. There is days and weeks that I do very well and then I have a meltdown. This last video was my meltdown. I was tempted to delete it the next day but then I got so many emails, I decided to keep it on there.

Thank you to orginal person who saw it and decided to ask you to view and give me support. Not only has this been hard on me, I am sure it's hard on my husband since I just can't move on and let it go. I am sure he is sick and tired of me being on the computer and rehashing it over and over. So I have decided to (try) to visit my computer on this topic once a week instead of every day. We will see.

I had no idea this website existed. Okay for a first-time users where do I go next? I hear a lot about ex jws that had to write a letter to the 'elders' what letter are they talking about? I left in the early 90's, so is this new?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome, az2008! I'm so glad you're here. This is the best website for those of us who survived the JW's and have had to decompress from that experience. (It's also for others who have JW family members or are curious -- your husband is surely welcome here too.)

Read around the different sections on this site. You'll see experiences of folks who have managed to survive and thrive once they learned "the truth about the truth". You'll find good support and answers here.

As far as any letter to the elders, that probably isn't necessary. If the elders aren't bothering you, why stir up the hornet's nest? You may be referring to a letter of disassociation, which some do to completely cut off ties from the organization. However if you've managed to get away and they aren't seeking you out, it's better to leave it alone.

Also highly recommended if you haven't read it already -- "Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz, which you can order at www.commentarypress.com. The book has helped many of us see so clearly how the Watchtower has no special connection to any god or holy spirit whatsoever.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

So sad!!!

Anyone that has not been a JW that is shunned just wouldn't understand!! How can any JW think this practice is loving??? Why the hell does a parent need an okay from elders to have contact with their children!!! Pisses me off!!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, az. May I call you that for short? Can't remember all the numbers.

I am willing to bet that if the person who cares for your mom can't continue in her job, none of the elders or others from the congregation are going to "take up the slack." At that time they will probably be more than willing for you to again care for your mom.

Please take heart. Give mom some time. Maybe she will think about things and call you again.

Glad you are here with us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit