What is your favorite summertime outdoor grill food?

by Quirky1 68 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Lay your foil on a cookie sheet or whatever..Spay on your Pam or olive oil..Then use a basting brush to spread the oil over the foil..Next..Lay your salmon on the foil..Pour a little white wine over the salmon and then,spice the salmon..

Is the tinfoil just for easy cleanup? And a few questions......what kind of spices do you use? I usually put dill, oregano, and parsley, never tried the wine but I will. And do you soak your fish in milk first? I was told it gets rid of the "fishy" taste.

• BFD
    BFD

Sweet Italian sausages with grilled peppers and onions. Yummy!

I grilled some Italian sausage last night. Added them to some tomato sauce then made stuffed shells.

I also like the corn grilled in the husks. Had some over Memorial Day weekend.

BFD

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

momz, I'm a big Venison fan too. Try marinading a whole deer loin in Dale's marinade about 2 days and grill it till it's nice and brown on the outside. Just slice it into steaks, pink on the inside.

Man-o-man! Poor man's Filet Mignon.

• delilah
    delilah

Babyback ribs, rubbed with garlic and onion powder and Italian seasoning...let marinate all morning, then slow cooked on the barbecue for a couple of hours, then basted with a nice Tequila-chipolte- honey BBQ sauce, home-made...

and I also love porterhouse steak, seasoned and grilled medium well....

corn bbq'd in their husks, and a nice baked potato with low fat sour cream and chives....

YUMMY.....last weekend we did steaks and crab legs on the barbie.....they were to die for....(it was our anniversary so we splurged)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Quirky1..I`ll tell you how to make ribs so tender and juicy you`ll never have a shortage of dinner guests.........Get your BBQ up to 400F....#1:Get a roasting pot that will fit on the BBQ..#2:Pour 1/2 cup of water into the pot..#3:Put your beef ribs into the pot..#4:Pour some red wine over them..#5:Spice the ribs just the way you like them..#6:Seal the top of your roaster with foil(We want to keep the steam in.)..#7:Put BBQ lid down..#8:Cook for 1hr 20min..#9:Remove foil..#10Baste ribs with juices from roasting pot or BBQ sauce every 5-10 min.for the next 1/2 hr.(Keep BBQ lid on,after basting)..#11:Remove ribs from BBQ and let sit for 10min..#12:Enjoy some of the best ribs you will ever eat..........HungryHungryHungry...............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Buttlight..Cooking on a cookie sheet without foil,may make your Salmon stick to the sheet..When you try to get it off the sheet the salmon may break apart...........So..Foil helps in clean up and ensures your going to serve a salmon that isn`t all broken up..................Pour white wine over the fish....Spices normally used for fish and other sea food:Garlic/onion/dill/basil/Ground black pepper and a seasoned salt(Salt optional).............After the fish is cooked,baste with melted butter and serve with slices of lemon..........Yum-yum..I`m getting hungry..LOL!!..............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Try marinading a whole deer loin in Dale's marinade about 2 days and grill it till it's nice and brown on the outside. Just slice it into steaks, pink on the inside.

Man-o-man! Poor man's Filet Mignon.

Gotta start the marinade tonight. Should be able to serve it on Thursday???

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Thanks! Outlaw!

I will give it a try! Maybe this weekend.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I HEART kabobs! Yummy delicious kabobs of every kind...with mushrooms. And corn on the cob..with husk on the grill, makes it taste smokey. Yummy! And steak. And chicken. I like anything on the grill. Now I'm hungry.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Wha' happened? Good question! Wha happened? Did the anti-meat kooks get to you? Stand up on your hind legs, brother carnivore!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit