What is your favorite summertime outdoor grill food?

by Quirky1 68 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Do I put the cookie sheet on the grill too?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

MomsCrazy..Yes,you put the cookie sheet right on the grill..The salmon will saute in the white wine..When the salmon is cooked pour the wine off the cookie sheet and let the salmon cook a few more minutes without the wine..That way the fish isn`t mushy when you serve it.......I did some Fillet of Sole for lunch..It was soooooooooooo good!..LOL!!............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Guess what momz is cooking tonight? Thanks outlaw!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I like steak marinated in Italian Dressing, but it has to be cooked well done...absolutely no pink!, baked potatoe w/butter & sour cream, Garlic Bread, and salad. Lots of Sweet Tea....

We also like doing Chicken with a secret special sauce on it that is homemade, with corn on the cob, and mixed grilled veggies.

We eat either on the deck or the patio and then build a fire in the fire pit and let the kids do marshmellows. Yummy!!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Rib eye is the best steak, bar none.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Momzcrazy..If you have a lid for your BBQ use it..If not,use foil to cover the fish..After you cook the salmon and pour off the wine..Cook it with no lid for the last few minutes.........Good luck,let me know how it goes..And..Your Welcome!...............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

BBQ'd pulled pork with slaw on the sandwich w/hot sauce!

Kabobs! Shrimp, pork, beef! Oh yeah!

Have you ever put whole oysters on the grill and when they pop open they are done!

Delicious!

• lilybird
    lilybird

Our favorite bbq is....wings marinated in Jamaican jerk spice along with grilled sweet potatoes basted with olive oil so they dont dry out

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

lilybird, wings are excellent! The hotter the better but I am also partial to honey BBQ'd wings or some sort of sweet and spicy.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

mmmmm a nice juicy rib eye steak, med rare, just some steak spice I grind and let sit for about a half hour or so before grilling. New potatoes par boiled then tossed in bbq sauce and grilled along with bacon wrapped asparagus, a simple salad tossed in a home made balsamic dressing, and a big bold spicy red wine!!

Chicken marinated in olive oil, lots of fresh lemon juice, fresh garlic and fresh oregano.

Pork ribs in my home made bbq sauce.

Fresh caught trout or salmon from Lake Huron.

Pineapples, peaches, plums.

At our cabin everything I cook is done over an open fire - I have no stove there, it's amazing the meals I put together up there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit