What is your favorite summertime outdoor grill food?

by Quirky1 68 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

Oh outlaw!

just marry me already

orbs

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

BB, I did the grilled pineapple thing last summer. Everyone loved it!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, I love marinated mushrooms with lots of garlic in them. Most recipes call for them to be cooked.

And, dontcha know, they're just amazing if you grill them after they've marinated for an hour or two. That faint smokiness added to their garlicky goodness makes them just irresistible.

Start with big ones, though; you don't want them to fall through the grill.

And I almost forgot: Grilled bananas for dessert. DON'T peel them first, just throw them on the grill until the peels turn black - about 20 minutes, I think? They kind of turn to pudding when you do that. Mmmmm...

GentlyFeral

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok once upon a time I did eat red meat. I had it rare. Throw it on the fire. Flip it and it was done. It had maybe a 1/8 of an inch of brown and the rest was bloody as hell

• chickpea
    chickpea

thick, marbled porterhouse steaks (marinated in worcestershire sauce, with garlic and cracked pepper, medium rare)

boneless skinless teriyaki chicken breasts (marianated in soy sauce, olive oil, vinegar, ketsup, garlic, white pepper, cooked 8 minutes each side)

hamburgers (with cooked REAL bacon bits and sauted onions mixed in the ground chuck)

bratwurst ( boiled in beer and finished off on the grill)

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Chickpea - I've tried all those except the hamburgers with bacon bits and I love them all. I will try the burgers tho.

Outlaw - How do you do those beef ribs?

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

camembert cheese wrapped into bacon, grilled a little and served on fresh salad. and beer. and some more beer.

• jstalin
    jstalin

I love grilled hot dogs, baked beans, and cole slaw. Oh man, I love the summer!!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I gotcha there! Summatime! I usually do well thru the winter but by the time February rolls around I am just about berzerk with cabin fever!

I gotta have the grill!! Even though I will grill any chance I get even in the winter.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I like to marinate deer steak all day and then grill it on low, on the highest rack.

Didn't get to do the salmon last night. Tonight I am!

momz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit