Sitting her forgetting it all.

by Sparkplug 87 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

wow dont know what to say cos i have never been there

so will just say im thinking of you and hoping it all works out.

ian xx

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Decki....you have a PM.

Many hugs coming your way....

Annie

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ian..I miss your singing. Thank you for the kind words. You don't have to be there to feel the pain sometimes. you know?

• Xandria
    Xandria

I know that I haven't been on here much lately, I know this is difficult and nerve wracking. Below there are some resources hope this helps.

X.

According to the Department of Health, more than 1 million teenagers run away from home each year. The National Runaway Switchboard reports that 86% of runaways are between the ages of 14 to 17 and 74% are female, while 26% are male.

If your teen has threatened to run away, don’t hesitate to talk to her about it. Inform your son or daughter that running away is not as glamorous as it sounds. Let them know living day-to-day on the streets with no legal form of income, no food and only the clothes on their back is not only dangerous, it can be deadly. If your teen is having problems, make sure you let them know how much you love them and that together you can work through the problem(s) and running away is never the solution.

If your teen has already run away, take action. “If you believe your child has run away, notify the police immediately,” states New Jersey Police Officer Steve Wilson. “Many teens initially run away and in doing so, become easy prey for kidnappers, molesters, pimps, and other predators. It’s easy for runaways to end up becoming a victim.”

www.lsc-sf.org/publications/runaway_2003_revised.pdf <Click and learn about what the laws are, what are some options, etc.

Things To Do If Your Teen Runs Away

Dial 911 as soon as you suspect your child has disappeared and demand that a police report be filed immediately.

Record the officer’s name, badge number, telephone,

fax and report numbers. Ask who will follow up the initial investigation.

After you call the police, call the Sheriff's Department, state police, and police from adjoining jurisdictions. File reports, record the officers' names, badge numbers, telephone, fax, and report numbers.

Check with your child's friends , work, neighbors, relatives, or anyone else who may know of your child's whereabouts. Ask them to notify you if they hear from your child.

Go to your child's school, speak with teachers and staff, and go through your child's lockers and desks.

Find out if any of your child's friends are missing. They may be together.

Notify the local FBI office and have your child's description entered into the FBI's National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer. Obtain the nine-digit NCIC number for your child's case.

Notify border patrols. Ask your local law enforcement agency or missing child agency agency to provide these numbers.

Check home computers for leads such as online contacts and details of a planned meeting.

Call missing children helplines , such as the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST and Operation Lookout at 1-800-782-SEEK.

Call runaway hotlines if you suspect your teen is a runaway, such as the National Runaway Switchboard at 1-800-621-4000.

Notify your state's missing children information clearinghouse and other helping organizations.

Keep a record of everyone you contact, including date and time, name of person, organization, phone number, and information received.

Keep your home phone staffed and record conversations. This may be the only way your child knows how to reach you.

Close the door to your child's room and don't touch anything in there.

Find pictures of your child to use in the search. Choose photographs that are recent and realistic.

Check telephone bills for the past few months for any unfamiliar long distance calls.

Cooperate fully with the police and the media.

Contact runaway shelters in your area and in nearby areas and states. Give them your child's photograph. If your teen gives an incorrect name and age, it will help identify him/her.

Contact hospitals, abortion clinics, drug treatment centers, and counseling services in your area.

Leave flyers at youth hangouts, malls, and recreation centers. You can create, display, and print a Missing Person Flyer from your computer.

Offer a reward. The Carol Sund / Carrington Memorial Reward Foundation provides Missing Person-Criminal Apprehension Rewards of up to $10,000.

Hire a private investigator

Hotlines and Helplines

American Association for Lost Children

1-800-375-5683

ChildFind Canada

1-800-387-7962 24 Hour

Child Quest - Report a Sighting of a Missing Person

1-888-818-HOPE

1-888-818-4673

Missing Children Society of Canada

1-800-661-6160 24 Hour

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

1-800-THE-LOST 24 Hour

National Runaway Switchboard

1-800-621-4000 24 Hour

North American Missing Children Lines

Operation Lookout

1-800-782-SEEK 24 Hour

State Missing Children Clearinghouses

Team H.O.P.E.

1-866-305-HOPE

Parent network for families of missing children offering encouragement, empowerment, resources, and support.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Dear Sparkplug,

I am so sorry to read what you are going through. I have not had my child go down this path yet. I know it could happen...it can happen to anyone's kid. But I do work with troubled teens...(I just teach them math, I don't councel them or anything, but I know them and I listen to their storys day after day)...many of them have run away multiple times. Many of them are on drugs, etc. And I've lived my life with addicts and ex-addicts.

My two cents...

She will be back.

Keep looking for her. Do not give up on her.

If you can afford rehab for her, send her. It might take a couple times. Send her. It is worth every penny, no matter what happens. Even if it doesn't work right now, it will give her the tools and info she will need when she is ready. Rehab rehab rehab. I can't stress it enough. It's about saving her life. You can always make more money later. Just try to pick the best one you can find, and talk to the councelors there about the best way to get her in.

And you! You need help for you. You need info and support. Alanon? Councelor? Find some help for you who knows about troubled teens who can advise you, listen to you, be there for you. Because this is hard. You need all the strength and support you can get.

My heart breaks for you and all the worry and pain...

Oh, and don't buy into all that guilt and crap she is throwing at you. That's just an addict making up excuses to use. It's not about you at all. But that part will get worse before it gets better.

Hang in there.

((((sparkplug))))

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Decki I am so very sorry. God every parent's worst nightmare. And I thought I had it bad with a moody 14 year old.

If you need anything give us a call, okay?

Chris

• juni
    juni

(((Decki)))

This brings back bad memories when my kids were going through the teenage years. It does "get" better, and one day in the future while you are enjoying an adult to adult relationship it will be something that you both will look back on and shake your heads.

Love, Juni

• dinah
    dinah

Sparky, thanks to you I hugged my daughter a little harder this morning.

If they could only get a glimpse of how much we love them......

Please let us know how she is when you find her, I'm worried too.

• flipper
    flipper

SPARKPLUG- My wife and me send our thoughts and good hopes out to you in this difficult time friend. Peace out, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• metaspy
    metaspy

truly one of the saddest things I have ever read in my life...
    Sorry you are going through it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit