Sitting her forgetting it all.

by Sparkplug 87 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

Still thinking of you and your daughter, and wishing the best.

JK

• free2think
    free2think

Decki im sorry, i'm hoping everything turns out well for you and your daughter.

(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))

• jgnat
    jgnat

The street is a rough teacher. Hopefully she gets the lesson before she loses her life.

My son spent a few years on the street, and I spent many nights not knowing if he was alive or dead. I had to tuck away my feelings, because, as you say, there was nothing I could do.

Today, he is like day from night. He calls me every day and never forgets to tell me he loves me. He is so grateful that I never stopped loving him even when he was at his worst. I may have loved him but I also did not protect him from his own stupidity. I still remember the morning I rushed to emergency, he was cut up from a fight with a crack-head girlfriend. When I got there and found out he was alive and it was just another stupid drug-addled fight, I told him to call his worker, call his lawyer, and beg the landlord they would let him back in. Then I turned around and left. I was so angry I was vibrating.

But that's the way of an addict. They do well for a time, then fall down. I remind myself his good times now far outnumber the bad and he has turned the corner in realizing that the drugs and the street life were killing him.

My best prayers are winging their way to you now, for the best possible result with your daughter. It may take a while, sweetheart. Clutch to hope.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Sparkplug,

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I had a son who ran away at 16 and it took a while before we found him. The police were no help at all and told us he had the right to run away, but we would be responsible for any damage he might get involved in until he was 18. It was one of the hardest things I ever went through and my heart goes out to you.

We eventually found him because a kid's parents felt for us and told us where he was. We forced him to come home, but it didn't last long. We were still dubs at the time and after he was dfd, things went down hill from there. He was in a tailspin for a few years.

The final result is that we have a good relationship with him now and he is married and holds a steady job. On the other hand, he still has serious problems and I would describe him as a lost soul who just can't seem to make sense of this world. He blames his upbringing as a dub for messing him up emotionally (me too), but we are out now and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I hope your daughter finds her way back safely, but be prepared for a long journey. There is no greater fear than worrying for your child's safety in this crazy world. Once again, my heart goes out to you.

Love, choosing life

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Sage is just home as of aobut an hour ago and in one piece. Tire and worn out.

Not happy, but looks clean in all terms of the word, and well just tired and I am glad she is safe.

Thank you for all your help, support, good thoughts and prayers.

I am sure it is not an easy road ahead, but for tonight...it is a start. We will see what all we can do to make it a better place for all of us and what we can do to make this work. I don't expect miracles...but I sure need one to go along with all this hard work.

Trying to sort out what is hearsay and what is true and who said what out of what motives can drive a person nuts. Right now...I am happy that she is safe. Today..When I wake, I will start on the rest of the journey.

Love and peace to you all and hopefully to my household.

Decki

• JK666
    JK666

Thank God or whomever, I am happy for you Decki!

JK

• Casper
    Casper

"Great News".....!!!

So glad that she is home, I sincerely hope all works out for the best....

((((Hugs))))

Cas

• DJK
    DJK

Tap your heels together Sage and say, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home."

Good to hear she is home safe.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Ah, that's a relief. For now. Decki, I hope it all works out for both of you.

Hugs,

Nina

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Glad to hear she's back. She probably won't say it, but I'll bet she's glad to be back too.

Don't try to make things too awkward for her with her return. Maybe let things go back into their routine schedule and then bring it up (perhaps a week later). It'll give the both of you some time for your thoughts and emotions to settle down a bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit