Did you find worldly people as bad as the JW's made them out to be??

by karter 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

its a mixed bag -- witnesses are more consistent, thats for sure. i wouldnt say yes or no to this either way.

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Last night I went out to dinner with work colleagues, I found them friendly, accepting and a lot of fun. They were very polite. One teacher was off to Malaysia to teach. The head had just done a charity cycle. All spoke with a lot of integrity about their students.

I have been to dinner with some JWs and found them very haughty,complaining or very patronising to the restaurant staff. Looking down on the 'worldly' waiters/waitresses.

Also they mainly quoted scriptures at you, moaned that they had their watchtower/hours to do or complained about brothers/sisters/elders. I also found them false and overbearing at times. Sometimes they would become very loud and raucous. Some would turn up and then say they've already eaten at home, so only ordered desert. It was so embarrassing. Then there would be a fuss about the bill.

My husband, who is a musician said they would embarrass him when they came to his gigs. He wondered why they couldn't just act normally.

Answer...They are not normal.

xxx SC

• fokyc
    fokyc

They are not normal.

Yes , very true, I have never had any problems with people outside 'the truth'

ALL my problems come from within, particulary the elders, the majority of whom are excellent liars.

fokyc

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I found worldly people to be both good and bad. Just like JW's. Since I have left the tower in 83. I have not made any good friends, not like I had in the tower. I dont know if its me, the jw indoctrination. Or that my JW upbringing and lack of education has made having friends a luxury I cant afford.

• gloobster
    gloobster

When my grandmother was moving out of her condo into an assisted living-type apartment, she constantly told us how great the young guys from the Hall were, and how they were going to come help her move, and help her sell all of the stuff she couldn't fit into her new place. As far as I can tell, my dad, my brothers and myself were the only ones that helped her with anything.

Besides, of course, the nice Catholic lady that lived next door, who came over daily to check on her and to ask if she needed any help with anything.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I've made truer friends since exiting than I ever did as a dub. Here's a great example...when I was a dub and was married to my alcoholic, abusive dub husband, my closest dear dub friends knew there were probems, none of them offered help, even when I left him, by help, I mean support.

Since I left dubland I've had more support and comfort, laughter and conversation with the "worldly" friends I have made than any dub friendships. By far! I recently moved cities. One of my dearest friends, " worldly" who lived in this city offered me and my kids a place to stay until we got settled and found a place of our own (finding a good apartment here is like finding a needle in a haystack), for as long as we needed it. That's something I was sure as heck never offered by any dub, ever. There are jerks everywhere but I've been fortunate to find people who truly know the meaning of "friend". They accept me for who I am and vice versa. Novel idea huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit