Did you find worldly people as bad as the JW's made them out to be??

by karter 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

The dubs are just as worldly as everyone else because everyone lives in the world duh.

• golf2
    golf2

I'm with Jimmy Page. The real plotters of evil are behind the scenes.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I have been surprised at the kindness and generosity of people in the real world. That goes for both strangers and friends.

As a JW I was told by elders that I should be out in service rather than being with a dying JW friend. Few witnesses offered to help. Actually only 3 JWs came to visit and stayed long enough to be of help.

Yo be fair when I was laid up in bed during my second pregnancy a few sisters offered to take my 4 yr old for a few hours and a few people brought food.

What has surprised me the most was the little things that I know came from the heart.

A Muslin man in the homeless shelter where I was staying who bent down and very gently swiped his hands over my feet once. I later asked another Muslin man what the meaing was and he told me it was a type of prayer/blessing. He was a man of few words but his actions towards me were always gentle and heart-felt.

My friends who stood by me as I walked into a church for a Sunday morning sermon. They never pushed religion on me but they offered support and helped me dispel the fear that the WTS instilled in me.

Little things like people stopping to offer help when I got into trouble with my wheelchair getting stuck in snow or toppling over me. People who went as far as stopping their car and coming to see if I needed help. Holding doors open or even pushing an access button for me when entered or exiting a building.

Would JWs do such things? Yes but I think that many times JWs would help but often there is the motive of "giving a fine witness" especially if their help is done in a public place.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

worldly folks come in all flavors... find the ones you like.

Jeff

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The fact is, most witlesses are themselves as bad as they make worldly people out to be. Worldly people do not try to push me into a religion that I do not want to belong to or believe in. They don't hound me to do ever more. They do not try to tell me what I like or not. They do not tell me what code of morality to follow.

No, I have not found most worldly people to be evil. Most of them do not push drugs. A majority of them do not smoke. Most will not steal at the drop of a hat (I have, however, seen witlesses steal). Most will not intentionally lie and cheat, either. Most of them do not use foul language out of control (true, they do swear at times, but not inappropriately). And, most tolerate people of other religions.

• oompa
    oompa

Hail NO! And lots of JW business know to avoid hiring a dub too.....pains in the @ss..............oompa

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

No! I've found that I can actually count on my worldly friends more than I could my JW friends! Not only that but I'm now not always being judged for what I say or do!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

that is one of the perks of being out of that religion, no fear of those on the "outside".................I really like people. Most of them are so great, and are lovely people. We have gotten to know our neighbors and they are wonderful.

Every society has a mix of people, including the JW's. Some are nice and good people, some are assholes, and some are really mean, nasty people. Same is true of the so called worldly ones.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I found the opposite was true. Worldly people were more Christian than the JWs.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I, too became a jw during a vulnerable, impressionable time in my life, so I believed the "worldly people are bad" mantra. But when it came down to it, "worldly" people saved my life. My co-workers and supervisor helped me when my crazy jw husband was threatening to kill me. "Worldly" doctors and judges had him committed to a mental institution twice to keep him from harming me, while the "spiritual" elders chastized me for not being a good enough wife and faithful servant of Jehovah. The only "worldly" people who I know to be evil are the ones who are zealots for their beliefs as the jws are for theirs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit