Did you find worldly people as bad as the JW's made them out to be??

by karter 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• Casper
    Casper

I "CAME" from the world, I had experience in it.

I had a "before and after" to compare to, sure there is good and bad in all, even in JW land. The view they tried to drum into my head didn't make sense to me tho...for example :

If I had been so "Bad", how was it that I had the qualities, (while in the world) that Jehovah was looking for, and still do to some extent.

There were times, during my 13 years as a Witness, that I would meet some of my in-laws "Church" people, and I would think... what loving, caring people, seemed there were no "Strings" attached to their believes and treatment of people...all people...I used to envy them ...

So no, I don't find worldly people to be the horrible creatures that the JWs tried to make me believe they are.

When I left, it truly felt like coming home...

Cas

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My wife rang the worldly nieghbours when she couldn't get out of bed and they came and saved her.....too bad they have to die at Armagedon they seem like happy and nice folks.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

No, so-called worldy people were not as bad as they were made out to be. Very many were and are honorable. Because I didn't expect 'much' from them I was pleasantly surprised.

Unfortunately with the JWs you could be left reeling from a bad experience. All this togetherness was no good and when you were told to 'widen out' you didn't know what you were widening out to. Very often the person was irresponsible and untrustworthy. Just because somebody wears a suit or dress and raises their hands and answers at the hall with their flowery comments does not mean they can be trusted or that they are capable or responsible. You were told to expect 'more' from them and were frequently disappointed.

LHG

• Casper
    Casper
    Just because somebody wears a suit or dress and raises their hands and answers at the hall with their flowery comments does not mean they can be trusted or that they are capable or responsible. You were told to expect 'more' from them and were frequently disappointed.

I totally agree with that statement...!!!

Cas

• james_woods
    james_woods

In reality - I have found the "worldly" just about like the "friends" as far as personal qualities and worth.

I call it the "Eagle to Turkey Ratio"... out of a given 10, you will likely find one real Eagle, one filthy Turkey, and about eight basic ordinary Chickens. You have to pick your friends both in and out of the borg with care.

What is not true at all is the ugly JW urban legend that all worldly people are liars, cheats, sex addicts, etc.

While basically cut from the same ethical and moral fabric as any other group of humans, the JWs have convinced themselves they are far superior. It then makes it doubly sad to see the vindictive elder's wife, the uncaring self-important jerk elder, the occasional child molester, the business scam artist, etc. Especially when they cover this kind of thing up "so as not to bring bad light on the organization". Yuk.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I never had a good experiance with JW's they were fake, weird, and in need of medication, I only had worldly friends and I knew they were true friends as I am still friends with most of my grade school and high school worldly friends. I have a real mixed bag of friends now I am very happy

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I grew up in a very sheltered JW environment. One of the most tramatic things that occured to me was when I grew up, got a job and realized that these worldly people were just regular folks. Some good, some bad, but most just struggling like me. These folks were not axe murders, did not beat their kids, and generally acted in a morally responsible manner.

This was outright shocking to me. I was taught for my whole life how wicked these people were and I found out they just were not that way.

• tan
    tan

No in fact they're better than a lot of JW's. I could depend on them a whole lot better than the JW's.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I don't like worldly people.

I like normal people.

JWs are worldly people.

I'm a normal person.

A@G

• maxwell
    maxwell

No.

"Worldly" people are not nearly as bad as JW's or my parents made them out to be.

Yes, there are some evil people in the world. But most people don't have any ill will towards others. And if they do become your friend, it usually doesn't hinge on what you believe or what religion you profess. And most don't judge your actions unless they are causing harm to them or others. This is more true for people who don't use arbitrary rules from some ancient holy book to decide how other people should act. However, the vast majority of people in my country do believe in an ancient holy book, yet they are usually not nearly as judgmental as JW's.

Further, you can go into any city and go to the roughest neighborhood and this is still true of the majority of the people there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit