Reasons why i can't worship the God of the bible...

by digderidoo 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    God began acting amongst his enimies....that's us. When he withdrew his blessing, the fallen world took it's course in this case. We must never forget that we have broken God's laws, and are guaranteed to do so because of the sin nature. Whatever God decides short of immediate death is a stay of his righteous hand.

Well, I don't know why God thinks of me as his enemy. I certainly never did anything to him as painful as that childbirth thingy he did to me! Never raped anyone either. Whatever happened to an eye for an eye?

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    Amen to that. But we did get the work by the sweat of our brow thingy.

Hmm, having a 20 cm head ripped out of an 10 cm orifice versus perspiration? Yeah, sorry, no contest!

Hey, women live longer!

Just one more thing to be pissed at God for!

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    Oh, I see, you are saying some women deserve to be raped as consequences for their actions. What actions would those be?

In the case of the first scripture, it was because of something her husband did, she was innocent.

In the case of the second scripture I quote: "This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles." (Zechariah 14:19 )

They didn't keep Yahweh's oh-so-precious holiday.

Oh well, consequences are consequences... He's only omnipotent, what do you expect him to do about it?

• Perry
    Perry
    I have no desire to get into logic with a believer,

Then why in the world would you start a thread about the God of the Bible?

He's pretty real to millions of folks and reveals himself to them. The below link is to a debate with Richard Dawkins with another Oxford professor. Jesus revealed himself to this professor as he has done to millions of others. You might find it interesting.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JAurSX6WA3U

• John Doe
    John Doe

Perry, this is not my thread. I'm making a monumental effort here not to make a smart arsed remark.

• Perry
    Perry

ooops...sorry 'bout that John!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Apples and oranges.'

Understood. Your god is not one to strive to imitate.

'God bled for mankind, and was whipped and took YOUR punishment, in your place, so you wouldn't have to when you die and face judgement.'

By your theology, he did it all to himself. Since he took his pound of flesh, full payment out of himself for himself, there was no forgiveness, just payment of debt.
    Don't worry about me, though. I will be welcomed on the other, by those who have gone before. The judgementalism of which you speak is only on this relatively harsh planet, an idea, the product of guilt laden minds. Humanity is barely out of the cradle, geologicaly speaking. Civilization has barely taken hold on this planet. W our highly developed minds, we try to make sense of reality that crashes in on us, daily, our violent history, our precarious existences. In doing so, we absorb whatever prevailing set of explanations fit our needs.

'The cross represents total victory. That is, victory without capitulation or surrender....which of course seems to be popular in modern relativistic society.'

Cool.

S

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    Oh, I see, you are saying some women deserve to be raped as consequences for their actions. What actions would those be?

In the case of the first scripture, it was because of something her husband did, she was innocent.

In the case of the second scripture I quote: "This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles." (Zechariah 14:19 )

They didn't keep Yahweh's oh-so-precious holiday.

Oh well, consequences are consequences... He's only omnipotent, what do you expect him to do about it?

Oh, well, now I see. Their husbands (who God made to dominate them) pissed God off by neglecting their duties and refused to let them go to God's feast dinner thingy, and so that's why God let all the women be raped. Now it makes perfectly logical sense. Thanks for providing those quotes Lt. Commander Lore. Perry: Why didn't you just explain that all in the beginning. It all seems so fair now that I've read it straight from the scriptures! Cog

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Somehow, Christians seems to argue that we deserve death, a loving God would not do this. It's as though these punishments are deserved, if we are born with 'sin', then it would be unjust and unfair for a god to punish us for having that 'sin' in the first place.

A newbie here, posted recently that sin is a social construct, i feel that is right. It is something that has been made up by man for control. Punishments by God are also man made, this is the bible we're talking about, something that was written by man. It seems as though these punishments we're written down as a way to control the masses.

Paul

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Christianity is just a continuation of Judaism which is an ancient religion which like pretty much every religion of it's era liked it's god's bloodthirtsy and killing, that's what god's did thousands of years ago. Unfortunately for christianity because it is built on this very old religion it cannot escape this past so has to invent ways to justify what would otherwise be seen as shocking behaviour.

God is love! hahahaha yeah sure, and I can fly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit