Reasons why i can't worship the God of the bible...

by digderidoo 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Doe
    John Doe

"C'mon John. What do you want him to do? Take away their free will? Kill everyone and start over?"

If those were his only options, then he is untalented and not worthy of worship. I have no desire to worship a vindictive idiot.

• Perry
    Perry

So John,

What would you suggest he do?

• John Doe
    John Doe

I would suggest he get some more intelligent men to create him.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Don't forget,

He uses rape as a punishment here: 2 Samuel 12:11-14

And here: Zechariah 14:1-2

• Perry
    Perry

Now you lost me. God wasn't created.

• John Doe
    John Doe

"God wasn't created."

With that, I agree. Anything that doesn't exist is not created.

• Perry
    Perry

John,

Now you are playing games. First you present a scenario where you assume that the God of the bible exists. You even present reasons why you can't worship him...again as if he exists. Then in mid stream you use the fall back...he doesn't exist!

You can't change your premise in the middle of a line of reasoning. That isn't logical.

• Perry
    Perry
    Zechariah 14

1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

It's called consequences. Thanks for the reminder.
  • cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    Gen 3:16 ... " To the woman he said: 'I shall greatly increase the pain of your pregnancy; in birth pangs you will bring forth children, and your craving will be for your husband, and he will dominate you.' " Why would God do this to womankind?

Speaking as one who has given birth, I'm guessing it's because he is a sadistic bastard!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit