Reasons why i can't worship the God of the bible...

by digderidoo 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Doe
    John Doe

Anyone who lets himself be tortured and killed for the sake of making a point is not very smart and doesn't deserve worship.

• Satanus
    Satanus

No, i didn't. Does the bible call jesus god's son? I showed how human fathers are less barbaric than is the jewish father god.

S

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Gods were created out human ignorance of the world we live in , if that is the case why worship ignorance any more when we have knowledge now.?

• Perry
    Perry

John Doe,

Ooooo, now you are getting hot...red hot.

Imagine a woman with a child, and a terrorist is grabbing her child to send into a crowd with a bomb. The terrorist has a gun to the loving mother's head. Got it?

Are you married by the way? Have any children? I know you have a mother. What will that mother, when backed into a corner like a caged animal, say to that bastard terroist?

I know what my mother and wife would eventually say.... They would SCREAM, "TAKE ME INSTEAD!"

• John Doe
    John Doe

Perry, false analogy. Do you claim that your god did not have the power to prevent any sacrifice or killing or loss? I must add that I have a hard time finding respect for anyone who believes in the concept of a burning hell. It's bloodthristy and cruel and terrible and impotent.

• Perry
    Perry

You ever been in jail John? Or, maybe known someone who couldn't make bail and had to stay there until they could see the judge. That's all hell is. It's just a temporary holding cell. No coushion seats. It's hot and very uncomfortable. Everyone there now is gulity and awaiting judgment day. Before the cross, hell had another part that was called Paradise. This is where the redeemed stayed until the cross, when it was emptied.

Luke 16:

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

• Perry
    Perry
    Perry, false analogy. Do you claim that your god did not have the power to prevent any sacrifice or killing or loss?

C'mon John. What do you want him to do? Take away their free will? Kill everyone and start over? Would you like that done to you for your mistakes?

• Perry
    Perry
    No, i didn't. Does the bible call jesus god's son? I showed how human fathers are less barbaric than is the jewish father god.

Satanus,

Apples and oranges. God bled for mankind, and was whipped and took YOUR punishment, in your place, so you wouldn't have to when you die and face judgement.

The cross represents total victory. That is, victory without capitulation or surrender....which of course seems to be popular in modern relativistic society.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

hey and didgeridoo - he loves foreskins and burnt flesh - especially the smell of burnt flesh - tis a restful odor to him dont you know

• Perry
    Perry
    especially the smell of burnt flesh - tis a restful odor to him dont you know

Hey Stilla,

I bet when you were an Elder and were in charge of teaching us you didn't tell us what the sacrifice was all about did you? That's OK. I found out that the priest would put his had on the head of the bull to transfer his sin onto it. Then the one offering would place his hand on the head of the animal to transfer his own sin onto the animal. Then the animal was slaughtered. It wasn't so much the animal that was killed as was the sin that was killed off. The point was that getting rid of sin was a messy, bloody, costly ordeal.

Lev. 1

4 And he shall put his hand upon the head of the burnt offering; and it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him.

SCRIPTURE KJV

I Corinthians 5:7 Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us
    1 Peter 4: 1 Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh
    Isaiah 53:10 we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins
    I Corinthians 11:24 (Christ’s body is broken or punished instead of the sinners’) Take: eat: this is my body broken for you
    Hebrews 1:3 ( Jesus took punishment that is due us) he had by himself purged our sins

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit