Reasons why i can't worship the God of the bible...

by digderidoo 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

The following scriptures given show the reasons why i cannot worship the God of the bible. Call him Jehovah, Yahweh, YHWH, Lord, Father, Jesus, whatever you will. The passages are taken from the New World Translation, because we are all familiar with it and also it was the only one i really had at hand.

Gen 3:16 ... " To the woman he said: 'I shall greatly increase the pain of your pregnancy; in birth pangs you will bring forth children, and your craving will be for your husband, and he will dominate you.' " Why would God do this to womankind?

Lev 20:13 ... " And when a man lies down with a male the same as one lies down with a woman, both of them have done a detestable thing. They should be put to death without fail. Their own blood is upon them. " Homosexuality is not a choice, some people are this way, yet God wants them dead?

Deut 25:11-12 ... " In case men struggle together with one another, and the wife of the one has come near to deliver her husband out of the hand of the one striking him, and she has thrust out her hand and grabbed hold of him by his privates, you must then amputate her hand. Your eye must feel no sorrow. " So, a husband mutilates his wife for protecting him?

Luke 14:26 ... " If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and his mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes and even his own soul, he cannot be my disciple. " Sorry Jesus, but i love my family.

Hosea 13:16 ... " Samaria will be held guilty, for she is actually rebellious against her God. By the sword they will fall. Their own children will be dashed to pieces, and their pregnant women themselves will be ripped up. " God kills children and pregnant women.

1 Sam 15:3 ... " Now go, and you must strike down Amalek and devote him to destruction, with all that he has, and you must not have compassion upon him, and you must put him to death, man as well as woman, child as well as suckling, bull as well as sheep, camel as well as ass. " God again kills women and children, oh and farm animals.

Ex 4:24 ... " Now it came about on the road at the lodging place that Jehovah got to meet him and kept looking for a way to put him to death. " This is a real clincher for me, God was looking for a way to kill Moses! If he aint safe who is?

... and the list goes on Deut 13:6-11, Deut 22:28,29, Deut 2:30-35, Deut 7:1,2, Deut 7:16, Josh 6:21, 1 Sam 6:19, Jer 13:14

The argument that this took place in the Old Testement is a very weak line to take. In the New Testement Jesus says on the Sermon on the Mount, "Do not think that i came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came not to destroy but to fulfill; for truly I say to you that sooner heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or one particle of a letter to pass away from the Law by any means and not all things take place. " Matt 5:17, 18

I hope this shows why the God of the Bible must not be worshipped, i guess this has helped me move on with lifes little journey.

Paul

• Perry
    Perry

digderidoo,

You do realize that God views all fallen man as his enemy, who have broken his laws and deserve death? In other words, everyone dies because of decay, God withdrew himself as the source of life from all, so that they might all die..... man woman and child.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Perry, guess that shows why he's such an unloving God then.

Paul

• Perry
    Perry

Not at all. It demonstrates God's idea of justice. His idea of mercy was demonstrated on the cross.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Well if the scriptures i have cited show God's idea of justice then that's enough for me.

Paul

• Satanus
    Satanus

'His idea of mercy was demonstrated on the cross.'

Killing his only son is his idea of mercy. RRrrriight. Good thing that human fathers are on a higher level.

S

• Perry
    Perry

Satanus,

What you state, Christianity doesn't believe. There is just one God here, and he bled for all mankind.

SCRIPTURE KJV

I Timothy 3:16 God was manifest in the flesh
    John 12: 45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me
    John 3:13 even the Son of man which is in heaven. (only God can be in two places at the same time)
    Acts 20: 28 feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. ( God bled for us )

• Perry
    Perry

God (our creator) was tied up like a sack of potatoes, horse whipped, nailed to a cross and bled for every man woman and child who has ever lived to make a point. After all that, do you really think he is joking about right, wrong, hell?

1 Cor. 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Zech 12: 9,1 (Jehovah is speaking) and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son

Micah 5: 2 (Jesus is from everlasting…before time) Bethlehem…out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting

Hebrews 1: 5,6 (worshipping anything other than God is idolatry) Thou art my Son… And let all the angels of God worship him.

Hebrews 1:8 (See Ps. 45:6) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever

Revelation 1: 7,8 (reference to Matt. 24:30 & Mark 13:26) (Jesus returns with the clouds, he is the Almighty) Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, …I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, … saith the Lord, … the Almighty.

Rev. 22;12-16 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last…I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches

• Satanus
    Satanus

Strawman argument. I never said that christianity believes in more than one god.

S

• Perry
    Perry

Sure you did Satanus. You compared the two to a human father and son. C'mon, I know you are a decent guy under that black cape.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit