Do you think the Society has spies on sites like this?

by easyreader1970 46 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR
    Do you think the Society has spies on sites like this?

Most definitely. In fact, I know they monitor the Bible Students Forum, as there has been an increase of activity by xjws to investigate the BIble Students. A high ranking Bethelite once told my mother-ion-law in private that "Rolando is a formidable apostate". I feel honored!

RR

• Farkel
    Farkel

Sirona and all the others are right: the WTS does lurk on these sites and this site in particular. Can't name my source, but trust me, the source is reliable.

They are particularly interested in:

1) High profile apostates. They want to see what they are up to, what old dirt they have dug up on the society and what others are saying who comment on their posts and articles.

2) Posters who claim to be active Elders and COs. They are most interested in outing them and getting them out of the organization. I personally know of a handful of instances where the society instructed people to find out who certain people posting were and when they did, to get rid of them.

At the local level, there have been several instances where elders paid a "shepherding call" to a suspect and without permission marched right over to the computer and opened up the browser's history list. Even though the elders were told they had no right to do so, they elders kept on snooping.

The old saying "know thy enemy" is true, and since EVERYONE is the enemy of the WTS, it is only logical they would monitor sites like this.

Farkel

• TD
    TD

This isn't as high a priority as #1 and #2 on Farkel's list, but the JW parent organization is also interested in discussion of doctrines that they know are flawed. These people are not fools and they know that brutally honest discussion does not happen within the JW community. (I have been told this by an insider that I trust.)

The "Generation" doctrine of 1995 for example was poorly thought out and flawed. It caused many JW's to leave and many others to doubt. Much evidence appeared here and elsewhere, where the doctrine was thoroughly dissected and people openly confessed that it was this particular change that started the questioning process and ultimately caused them to leave the JW faith. As a result (I believe) the JW parent organization took action fairly quickly (For them) to fix this fiasco.

Other doctrines are flawed, but it takes a great deal of explaining to expose the flaw and even then people aren't terribly bothered by it. This latter category is probably safe for them to leave alone for the time being.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Now what's that saying?.....

'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer'

Of course they will.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

too bad they don't get their Young People Ask quesitons from this site

• Layla33
    Layla33
    At the local level, there have been several instances where elders paid a "shepherding call" to a suspect and without permission marched right over to the computer and opened up the browser's history list. Even though the elders were told they had no right to do so, they elders kept on snooping.

Are you serious about that? That's grounds for a serious ass kicking. I can't imagine that a grown adult would let another grown adult walk over to their computer and do this without breaking a few of their fingers in the process. Interesting. I would like a first person account of this, honestly.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont think so. But I've been out since 83. I'm over the paranoia.

They dont need spies. They got people like you and me here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit